Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The people calling my phone center do not know what the hell they want nor do they know how to balance thier books! I've explained over and over for 30+ minutes that I can't magically appear money into a checking account without it coming from an available source.

Is this Rocket Science that people miss out on in grade school?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I feel ya! When I worked at Circuit City (big electronics store) one of my jobs was to help with computer problems. Would get stupid stuff all the time like "my computer wont turn on". I'd ask if they plugged it in. More often than not, they hadnt plugged the damn thing in. Another favorite is when people buy a printer, they dont listen to the sales person telling them they HAVE to have the printer cable that DOES NOT COME IN THE BOX. So they come in all pissed off screaming that the printer doesnt work and they want a refund for a new one AND a discount on the new one.
People are stupid (or I just seem to find all the stupid ones)

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, the stupid ones either walk through the door or call my phone at work.

One of the more activating things occur when I, literally, repeat myself over and over for nearly 60 minutes, which is where the time counter finally stopped on my longest call today.

·
For Da Boss
2,156 Posts
it was like that in milford sound to, a fiord with tourist boats that i used to work on.

You would always get questions like " what altitude are we at? " at which point my reply would be, (while looking off the side of the boat) oh about 1-2 meters above sea level.

and my alltime favorite, how big is this lake.......

and how come i can not hear the "sound"

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear a request for free money every day.

"If you have an extra lying around, feel free to put it in my account!"

That just gets old.

·
8,723 Posts
But I wants it! :cray:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I work for a company that literally prints money. The amount of times I hear "and if you have any free samples".

Yes,that may have sounded witty to you... But just how many times do you think I have heard that one? The age old saying goes - think before you speak. Or I will cut out your tongue.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I work for a company that literally prints money. The amount of times I hear "and if you have any free samples".

Yes,that may have sounded witty to you... But just how many times do you think I have heard that one? The age old saying goes - think before you speak. Or I will cut out your tongue.
Oh, I know. The words are getting to the point that nails on a chalk board are preferred.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
I've moved over to take a few outward bound *lessons* at Sandhurst and at Pirbright every so often.

Took a class out on a run as punishment for slouching. I don't do slouching, the bulkheads (Sir! What's a Bulkhead?) don't need help standing up straight, etc, etc, (I'm not a Sir, I work for a living, etc etc).

This was before they had to do room inspections the next day, one of them said "But Staff, my shoes are muddy and wet from the run!" I think sardonically stating that she could wear trainers for drill practise was a mistake.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I've moved over to take a few outward bound *lessons* at Sandhurst and at Pirbright every so often.

Took a class out on a run as punishment for slouching. I don't do slouching, the bulkheads (Sir! What's a Bulkhead?) don't need help standing up straight, etc, etc, (I'm not a Sir, I work for a living, etc etc).

This was before they had to do room inspections the next day, one of them said "But Staff, my shoes are muddy and wet from the run!" I think sardonically stating that she could wear trainers for drill practise was a mistake.
Marines by any chance?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts