Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The eldest brother of the Imperjias Krusts crusade.

Brother Goliath in assault terminator war-gear:

lots of inspiration from a user on here who posted pictures of his ultramarine termies that were just absolutely excellent. I'll skim through the threads and see if I can find his name, and edit it in. (Gareth) http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60128

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
pretty cool man. I dislike the naming on the bases, but meh... I do think the armour could use a black wash to subdue the sharpness of the highlights and kinda bring it more into the blackness of the armour... well done!

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm, i kind of like the highlights kicking me on the face visually. But that's probably because i finally started using them in such a manner instead of drybrushing boltgun metal over the edges. thanks for the tip though! anything to make them increasingly more realistic looking should help.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I have never been able to this kind of highlight. I have a batch of marines i bought of ebay that are painted like this and they are my favorites. However i agree with the comment thet a black wash would improve them by toning the highlights down a little. I am still a grey drybrush over the balck with a wash kind of guy. Well done.
I don't mind the naming on the bases but a last count I have over 400 infantry models, (Guard and chaos marines) and there is no way I will be able to come up with names for them all.

Nice work. Rep
Just noticed the lighting around the eye. Spiffy.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Your painting certainly has got alot better Unxpekted, I like this one alot :) plus rep mate, keep up the good work!

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the rep guys, was quite a bit between the two of you.

as for the names on the bases I am big on the fiction writing stuff as well so I've been writing up a whole thing for my models and whatnot. Personally, I find it makes my games a bit more fun with each of my guy's on the battlefield having a bit of history behind them. But yeah If I was playing IG or something I probably wouldn't do it either.

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, i wasnt too sure what I thought about the banner tbh. 97 isnt too bad but 400 might be. I've named about 80 models and for some reason names have already gotten a little harder to come up with eventhough they can pretty much be anything.

·
Registered
699 Posts
thanks, i wasnt too sure what I thought about the banner tbh. 97 isnt too bad but 400 might be. I've named about 80 models and for some reason names have already gotten a little harder to come up with eventhough they can pretty much be anything.
Don't forget that alot of the Marines have the names of heros of the chapter, so it is very possible that multiple marines will be named after the same hero of old. Just give them nicknames if you don't think it's too long.
"Goliath the brave"
"Goliath the Just"
"Goliath the Swift"
"Goliath the Rapist"
"Goliath the True"
you get the idea

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Sounds like a slanessh devotee.
For the guy who allways fails his leadership tests. Monty python. Brave Sir Robin. For those who remember.
When danger reared it's ugly head,
He bravely turned his tail and fled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts