Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
I got another!

"Hey Tommie,

Just wanted to say thank you for the excellent painting fundamentals course last Saturday. It was a really good day, very informative and nice to see you and your teams excellent work in the flesh. Extra special thanks to your mum who done a stirling job on the hot drinks and lunch!

Having never really painted any miniatures properly for many years your course has inspired me to tackle an Empire Army, I've always wanted to try one but never really did for fear of screwing up otherwise perfectly made miniatures with an awful paint job.

I did mention on the day that I would be interested in some private tuition and I would definitely still be interested in doing some of this in the future, so if you could provide me with some details on your fees and lead times etc. that would be great.

I wish you and Golem Studios all the best.

Regards,

Tom"

Thanks a lot TOM!!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Here's me doing a rare stint with the airbrush. (yes I can airbrush!!!) on my Razorwing commission.
This is about really grimy battle damaged/worn bone looking foundation to work with.

·
Registered
293 Posts
in the first pick i showed how to set the consistency and different ways of masking

Then on to airbrushing uniform shading and highlighting.
And how to do chipping

Here's both mine and the students work sisde by side after a quick grime and rust session

And the finished lessons close up.

If you also would like Lessons in Miniature painting give a call at;
[email protected]

·
Registered
293 Posts
Spent all night in the studio in Manchester
launching paint from a brush at this guy to get him finished AND
create a step by step GUIDE for all the wargaming/painting community.

I hope you like it

T

·
Registered
293 Posts
Last night I set my self the challenge of two dreads one day (over night)
These two suckers too roughly twelve hours from under coat x
Fell the Bjornhanded and Wurvik

I have WIP shots HERE x

·
Registered
293 Posts
We got an awesome weekend of Painting courses coming next year for the 14th-15th March!
On the Saturday the Golem Fundamentals Course and the Sunday after the Golem Non Metal Metallics.

These two courses compliment each other beautifully!
The Fundamentals teaches how to get a better quality at lesser the efforts and who would not want that!!?
The N.M.M course takes all the Fundamental skills and educates you in the myriad ways of lights behavior on Metals and beyond!

We released the tickets before the week end on our FACEBOOK PAGE and half of the fundamentals has sold out already, so be swift!!!!
TICKETS HERE

I have found that over the last 4 years of teaching I have ALWAYS taught the same things to ALL painters of ALL levels. These things are THE FUNDAMENTALS OF PAINTING.

Whether you are painting to a basic level or to high display standard these fundamentals NEVER CHANGE. They are ESSENTIAL!

So on this course I plan to build your fundamentals to improve your overall painting ability

Some, but by no means all, of the ideas taught will be;

The Different core brush strokes
The Holy Grail of the ideal paint consistency
The pallet and its full use
How to avoid lumpy streaky paint
Create a solid foundation for attending our other events
How to use the principles as a tool to keep improving your painting FOREVER!

This event will be intensive and the list above is just a small taste of the course ahead.

The NMM course is suitable for beginners (especially if you have attended the Fundamentals course!!) and advanced painters. You will learn;

The 3 rules of NMM
How to improve your basic painting skills
How to develop all blending techniques
How to improve your accuracy
How to improve and refine your existing NMM technique
How to understand 'timing'
How to transfer NMM skills to other areas of painting

Both these courses are limited to 12 places each and sell out fast!!

We released the tickets before the week end on our FACEBOOK PAGE and half of the fundamentals has sold out already, so be swift!!!!
TICKETS HERE

·
Registered
293 Posts
Got more done on my saint celestine today. Its at the point where brain melting happens. Thus i will push through to the final adjustment stage where making key areas of the armour pop or not happens.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have been playing with some new Ideas for polished steel this week.
This is one idea I will be tweaking is a little but overall i like it!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have been doing a bit of work with some basing ideas.
I'm not going to go nuts base wise because its going to be for my gaming army and it has to be durable and roughly match my army base style.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts