Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago I decided that I was gonna roll Word Bearers, after a quick google session on how to paint WB properly I came across this jewel of a tutorial http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=373

Since that day I have painted most of my models WB, now I would like to show you all how I faired on my journal towards Chaos.

View attachment 15345

Here you see the legions Terminator Elite, led by the Dark Apostle Kelarhin

View attachment 15346

A close up of Kelarhin, close ups off all the Terminators will follow next.

View attachment 15347

View attachment 15348

View attachment 15349

View attachment 15350

And finally....

View attachment 15351

The Daemon Prince Delissir to lead the legion into battle.

Any comments and feedback is greatly appreciated

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
How exactly did you get your red like that? I have problems with red which is my punishment for choosing a World Eaters army, but part of it will be some Khorne devoted Word Bearers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How exactly did you get your red like that? I have problems with red which is my punishment for choosing a World Eaters army, but part of it will be some Khorne devoted Word Bearers.
I followed the tutorial I gave in the OP: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=373

Sometimes I used to much wash and I had to highlight the armourplates with Red Gore

Edit: Whoops wrong link, I guess nobody wants to see a Matt Ward Dreadknight :p

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Awesome thanks. Unsure whether to put loads of badab on my world eaters, or at least mix it with baal red, they just seem to red and there's no real distinction in the grooves etc.

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
...the mould lines, I see what you mean but how would one fix them. I have no experience in that matter.
As it is tricky after the model is painted, I usually trim/file away all the lines I can find when I cut parts off the sprue then check again later to find any ones I have missed.

After painting the only option is to take your time to remove them very carefully then touch up the paint where it is abraded.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I am a big fan of the darker red too. Makes them look suitably dark and brooding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts