Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I've got my copy pre-ordered from Amazon.

And I swear that if Galatea doesn't get killed in this book i'm going to be pissed. :angry:

LotN

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are all future hardback eBooks €19.99 now? For a while it looked like the eBooks would actually go down in prize (to €13.49 from €15.99). Now it's getting close to the dead-tree format.

I'm confused.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finished Gods of Mars. Absolutely brilliant with many epic twists and turns, surpasses the first 2 books in all regards.

Yet its clearly not the last part of the tale, as it ends on an open note for continuation. I could foresee more stories to come.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Finished Gods of Mars. Absolutely brilliant with many epic twists and turns, surpasses the first 2 books in all regards.

Yet its clearly not the last part of the tale, as it ends on an open note for continuation. I could foresee more stories to come.
Finished it myself just now. I second everything Lucian has said, Gods of Mars is a brilliant story that proves McNeill still has the magic that made A Thousand Sons in him.

As to potential future stories;

My favourite parts were definitely those with Linya Tychon, she was the kind of strong female character that only ADB has really done in BL so far, but I loved her scenes in the neuromatrix and the datascape.

And the Black Templars had the most fantastic battle scene in the entire series;

And Bielanna's final scene;

A brilliant trilogy, each book was better than the last. And now that McNeill is done with Mars for the time being, perhaps we'll be seeing Uriel Ventris again soon.

LotN

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice, is there a summary in the beginning for Lords of Mars? I cant remember too much since its been a while since I read it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts