Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mad as a sack of Squigs
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking smaller here, something to get me started.

HQ:Inquisitor Coteaz – 100 Points

HQ:Ordo Xenos Inquisitor – 100 Points

Power Armour, Psyker, Rad Grenades, Psychotroke Grenades, Digital Weapons

Troops:Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband – 134 Points

8x Psyker, 1x Acolyte

Razorback, Psybolt Ammunition

Troops:Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband – 177 Points

7x Bolters, 3x Plasmagun

Rhino

Troops:Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband – 177 Points

7x Bolters, 3x Plasmagun

Rhino

Troops:Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband – 105 Points

2x Crusader (Power Axe), 5x Death Cult Assassins (Power Axe & Power Sword)

Fast Attack:Stormraven Gunship – 225 Points

TL Assault Cannon, TL Heavy Bolters, Psybolt Ammunition

Fortification:Aegis Defence Lines – 100 Points

Quad Gun

·
Grand Master
87 Posts
Looks pretty solid. The only thing I would change would be to drop a couple bolter guys from the first 2 squads. All you need is 102 points and you can put in a melta squad w/ psybolt razorback. As the list is, you could use a bit more tank busting weapons, as the stormraven (and to a limited extent your psykers, templates are unreliable outside large squads) are the only heavy armour killers you have. This list has practically no ability to reliably deal with anything av13 or higher, as the plasma guns work much better as tag team to blast a single squad to bits per turn, vs hoping for glances on a vehicle. One average rolls you will take 2 turns to wreck a standard 3hp vehicle.

You might also consider not taking the aegis unless you know you are fighting an army that can field cheap flyers. You probably don't need 2 anti-air units at this points value, and dropping it could net you another 102 points henchman squad. This could be desirable as henchmen are very fragile, especially without carapace, and you might want a few more boots on the ground. Seeing as every squad can afford to have a vehicle, having the aegis for cover isn't as important as they already have a mobile means of cover and 24" weapons really work best roaming midfield, not sitting at the back.

You could alternatively drop the stormraven instead for 2 more squads, but then you'd have to find a new means of delivery for the henchmen, and ravens really are the best means to do so. These are just suggestions, do what you think is best.

Another place you can free up points would be to drop 1-2 death cults, they have quite a few attacks, you rarely need more that that to wipe a squad due to their high initiative, and sweeping advance. If you do this, you can afford sponsons on the raven, which are really amazing, well worth the points. Then you could choose to trade up your heavy bolter for a multi-melta for some better tank busting, or keep it as it is for a wicked infantry shredding gunship. If you are not adding a melta squad, I would at the very least find points to do this.

It also looks like you are a hundred points or so above 1000....so you might want to check the math. If it were my list, I would run something like this:

Coteaz

Xenos Inquisitor
- Psyker
- Rad, psychotroke grenades
- Power armour

Henchmen
- Psyker x8
- Acolyte x1
- Razorback w/ psybolts

Henchmen
- Plasma acolyte x3
- Bolter acolyte x2
- Razorback w/ psybolts

Henchmen
- Plasma acolyte x3
- Bolter acolyte x2
- Razorback w/ psybolts

Henchmen
- Plasma acolyte x3
- Bolter acolyte x2

Henchmen
- Melta acolyte x3
- Bolter acolyte x2
- Razorback w/ psybolts

Henchmen
- Crusader x2
- Henchmen x3

Stormraven
- Multi-melta, assault cannon
- Sponsons
- Psybolts

TOTAL: 1000

·
Mad as a sack of Squigs
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the Bolter Henchman squads should be 117 not 177 points, damn dyslexia. Anyway I don't really want to spam multiple minimum henchman squads as this army for me is far more about trying to recreate the feel of the Old Daemonhunters Codex, but can hold it's own on the table.

So here is what I have done with your advice

HQ: Inquisitor Coteaz - 100 pts

HQ: Ordo Xenos Inquisitor - 98 pts
Psychotroke Grenades, Rad Grenades, Power Armour, Psyker, Digital Weapons

Troops: Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband - 140 pts
8 Psyker, 2 Warrior Acolyte with Boltgun

Troops: Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband - 107 pts
Warrior Acolyte with Boltgun, 3 Warrior Acolyte with Plasma gun
Rhino

Troops: Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband - 107 pts
2 Warrior Acolyte with Boltgun, 3 Warrior Acolyte with Plasma gun
Rhino

Troops: Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband - 102 pts
2 Warrior Acolyte with Boltgun, 3 Warrior Acolyte with Meltagun

Troops: Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband - 90 pts
2 Crusader with Power Axe, 4 Death Cult Assassin with Power Axe and Power Sword

Fast Attack: Stormraven Gunship - 255 pts
TL Assault Cannon, TL Heavy Bolter, Psybolt Ammunition, 2x Hurricane Bolters

Although I am now not sure what i should do with Coteaz, in the previous list I had planned to have him sat on the Quad Gun. Now I am thinking in the Meltagun squad for the re rolls (primaris power) for when that vehicle has to die.

·
Grand Master
87 Posts
Any henchmen squad is a good choice for Coteaz to accompany. With the melta squad you are delivering him unto the enemy, which can potentially yield slay the warlord, but it gets him in range to use that hammer. Additionally it puts a 2+ shield to keep those acolytes safer for delivery. He is safer with the plasma guys, and can really accelerate the firepower. It is up to your preference what you do. I also think you have miscalculated some points totals. The xenos should be 83, the acolyte squads 92 (though I heartily recommend psybolt razorbacks over rhinos, you have the points). They are so easy to glance to bits, and if you are shaken inside, bye-bye plasma shots. You want to be piling out of the vehicle and using it as cover, as opposed to a bunker, thus razorback's are generally superior if the unit is small enough. From what I calculate you are 954 points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts