Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background - me and my mates play loves playing doubles matchs, and follow the rules that GW HQ doubles torument uses, ie 750 per member (2 members per team - total 1500). So hope you can help

IG
HQ choice

Company Command Squad with Chimera 105

1 infanty choice
Platoon Command Squard with Chimera 85
3 normally squards 150

2 heavy choice
2 hydras 150

2 fast choice
2 vendettas 260

Gk Choice
HQ
Grandmaster with psychic hood 165
3 GKTA 138

squad 1 GKPA
1 justicar & 4 GKPA 150

squad 2 GKPA
1 justicar & 4 GKPA 150

squad 2 GKPA
1 justicar & 4 GKPA 150

total

The idea is that the GK steal all the transports in the first turn or transported in the vendettas pregame, then the guard can jump on objectives while the hydra cover any fast or mech lists and the vendettas target heavy choices and get the GKPA into combat asap!

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I'm not familiar with the GW Doubles Rules but going by the list you don't need 2 Troop choices per army..correct? It's just the IG part only has 1 Troop choice, which under normal circumstances amounts to an illegal list.

Other than that it's a good enough list, and the Hydras and Vendettas are great, but it is a shame there are zero Special Weapons especially in the IG Squads..without them they're just making up the numbers because even massed Lasguns aren't that destructive, and Guard without decent weaponry is just weak overall.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Hobo, soon i posted the list i wasnt at all happy with it?! I have a rethink and repost

1 - 3 of 3 Posts