Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right while flicking through my Deamon Hunter dex I stumbled on a Vechile upgrade: Psycannon bolts at first it didnt seem any good for 10 pts and vehcile already have good weaponry. Then The connect between the crusader clicked

For 265pts you get a crusder with the ass. cannon and melta gun but now you had 6 twinlinked ap4 ignore invunrable save bolters that could always shoot so now on the move (12") you got 10 ap4 shoots and 16 at 12" range.

Pure Sickness i what i say :shok:

list:

Brother-captain:61

inquistor, cc, bp: 22
caludius assain: 120

5 GK squad+ justicar: 150
5 stormtroopers: 50

junior officer: 40
guardsmen+lascannon: 85
guardsmen+lascannon: 85

junior officer: 40
guardsmen+missile launcher: 75
guardsmen+missile launcher: 75

leman Russ+hull lascannon, heavy bolters: 160
Crusader+psycannon bolts: 265
Crusader+psycannon bolts: 265

1498 total

Storm troopers in one LR and GK + brother captain in other.

any thoughts. Had to go basic to fit stuff in.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I was under the impression that the Hurricane bolters did not qualify for the psycannon bolt upgrade....? I also thought that the Hurricane bolters lost their 'always shoot' rule...? Am I just off?

As for the list, I see where you're going with it, and it may do very well, though I really don't care for the predominance of IG in a minimal Grey Knight Grey Knight list. Have you given it a whirl yet?

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Unfortunately no... Psycannon Bolts (as vehicle upgrade) only upgrade Stormbolters and Heavy bolters. As a infantry wargear upgrade tho they upgrade anything with Bolter in the name. Sorry :(

I know I wanted to do the same but it doesnt work...

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
I found that if you use guard they make a good screen by going minimal points cost/maximum number for them and backing them up with as many Grey Knights as possible. Might drop the Heavy weapons in them except for the Command Squads and use the guardsmen/GK as a 1/2 punch.. Guardsman assault/get assualted first then the Grey Knights counter assualt.

The only downside to Grey Knights is that they cant take fire very well as they are just as tough (toughness and AS wise) as regular marines but have generally lower model count. With a lack of anti vehicle weapons I would remeber to add Melta Bombs to the Justicars and maybe a regular LR for its TL Lascannons..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts