Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So before all the rage start all over again about the new rules..(and we know its going to happen)..i want to get in first and congratulate GW for the efforts good or bad they have made in the last year.
Clearly there has been a change at the helm and GW has shifted in to high gear.. we have had more codex's and model releases faster than before..and before you start bitching about money grabbing etc..they are a company and we live in a user pays society so shut up!.

now where was i.....oh yeah...looking over the rumor releases and the leaks that are staring to come out i like the direction the GW is going...it feels like they are making a definite split in the game..so those that want to be dick heads can go play with other dick heads..and those that actually wish to enjoy the game can also do so. i personally thinks this is a great idea.

The new objective is a great idea as it stops the whole..oh i got first turn first blood i win,,type thing.
yes there will be things we all dont like but before you rage and ..i quit blah de blah rubbish...take it in its entirety..if it makes the game more enjoyable FOR ALL OVERALL then that's the best result..

so i say give GW some love for trying to make us happy...
so from the fatmantis in CHINA i say well done!!!!:gimmefive:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very true to both statements, but why should they get my thanks when they have my $?, isn't the $ enough?

Just some food for thought.
see this is exactly whats wrong with the world today....is it really so hard to say thanks?..or are we such a stuck up race that ...hey you got my money...give me more....more is never enough...it just makes us more greedy and unsatisfied...

dinner is served...:laugh:

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
see this is exactly whats wrong with the world today....is it really so hard to say thanks?..or are we such a stuck up race that ...hey you got my money...give me more....more is never enough...it just makes us more greedy and unsatisfied...
Ah because that's how capitalism works? Is it really that hard to proof read a codex so that a FAQ isn't needed the day after a release? I'm not saying "Give me more?" I'm saying I paid for a product, that should be enough, here is x amount of money (which is what you asked for) now give me the product. Where does it say on the price tag they want some kind words as well? When was the last time GW sent out a letter to everybody thanking them for being awesome costumers? From where am I sitting their legal team seems to spend it's time doing the opposite and coming up with new ways of turning people off the game all in the name of "protecting it".

Either GW are a "company" and their pricing and business strategies are "justified" because they need to make a profit or it is a charity and deserves us to cut them some slack. So which one is it? Because it can't be both in my books. I don't spend time with this hobby because I want to "help" GW and GW doesn't supply these products out of the goodness of their own heart because of some sense of generosity to the people of this earth.

Personally I'm not a fan of many of GW's recent decisions/releases. A lot of their "recent" releases I don't personally find appealing (the Centurions, the Helldrake, the Storm Eagle, The Dreadknight, The Sister of the Thorn etc), there are some that I do (The Wild Riders, the Knight, a lot of FW's releases I love) so what should I do ring them up and say "Oh thank you so much for putting out these lovely kits. No I buy the ones I like and don't buy the ones I don't. So why should I be "thankful" for something I don't think is working well. I don't "play" the game because it frankly it's a confusing mess of half thought out ideas that aren't play tested fully. If I'm going to commit to paying 200+ dollars for some rules then I want them to be well thought and out and checked, I don't want to have sit down and go through and double check everything and do a whole lot of home fixes for things. I would rather spend that time coming up with fluff for a background to the campaign,as it stands it's too much effort on top of too much money and there are only so many hours in the day. I'm not trying to be a cunt and throw dinner back in your face but I also don't like being fed some half baked bullshit dressed as a pie. As soon as you have something that is based upon personal taste (as this entire hobby is at the end of the day) then you will have people disagreeing over things. Saying everybody should be "thankful" for something like this is just asking for trouble. That's just my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah because that's how capitalism works? Is it really that hard to proof read a codex so that a FAQ isn't needed the day after a release? I'm not saying "Give me more?" I'm saying I paid for a product, that should be enough, here is x amount of money (which is what you asked for) now give me the product. Where does it say on the price tag they want some kind words as well? When was the last time GW sent out a letter to everybody thanking them for being awesome costumers? From where am I sitting their legal team seems to spend it's time doing the opposite and coming up with new ways of turning people off the game all in the name of "protecting it".

Either GW are a "company" and their pricing and business strategies are "justified" because they need to make a profit or it is a charity and deserves us to cut them some slack. So which one is it? Because it can't be both in my books. I don't spend time with this hobby because I want to "help" GW and GW doesn't supply these products out of the goodness of their own heart because of some sense of generosity to the people of this earth.

Personally I'm not a fan of many of GW's recent decisions/releases. A lot of their "recent" releases I don't personally find appealing (the Centurions, the Helldrake, the Storm Eagle, The Dreadknight, The Sister of the Thorn etc), there are some that I do (The Wild Riders, the Knight, a lot of FW's releases I love) so what should I do ring them up and say "Oh thank you so much for putting out these lovely kits. No I buy the ones I like and don't buy the ones I don't. So why should I be "thankful" for something I don't think is working well. I don't "play" the game because it frankly it's a confusing mess of half thought out ideas that aren't play tested fully. If I'm going to commit to paying 200+ dollars for some rules then I want them to be well thought and out and checked, I don't want to have sit down and go through and double check everything and do a whole lot of home fixes for things. I would rather spend that time coming up with fluff for a background to the campaign,as it stands it's too much effort on top of too much money and there are only so many hours in the day. I'm not trying to be a cunt and throw dinner back in your face but I also don't like being fed some half baked bullshit dressed as a pie. As soon as you have something that is based upon personal taste (as this entire hobby is at the end of the day) then you will have people disagreeing over things. Saying everybody should be "thankful" for something like this is just asking for trouble. That's just my opinion though.
i never said anything about capitalism..and i never said everybody should thank them..i as is my right was expressing my appreciation for their attempts at what they do..good or bad. we live in a world were we only ever hear the bad things we do..never the good.

people like you who automatically jump on the high horse because they think the world owes then something is what is ruining the world...it is your right to your opinion...but at the end of the day..as Ive stated many many times if you don't like gw don't play, don't buy, don't complain.

but no matter what your belief you cannot...and i stress cannot condemn a company for their wrong doings and then buy their product anyway..that just makes you a hypocrite.

P.s..on heresy there is simply too much negativity...this was suppose to be a light happy thread..maybe i should have stated that...:victory:

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
When have I ever said the world or GW owes me anything? They don't owe me anything, just like I don't owe them anything after I have paid my money to them in exchange for a product. I don't have to "like" GW to buy things off them. I don't like the mechanic who fixes my motorbike, he's a rude wanker frankly, he does however do a good job. I have to like a certain part of their product but I don't have to like everything about them to engage with them.

How is saying "I don't like X from GW so I'm not going to buy X but I do like Y so am I going to buy Y" make me a hypocrite exactly? I never said I don't like everything GW does, I have provided examples of stuff that GW does do that I like and I do support, hell there are two threads in the Project logs section with over 200 hundred replies each that are full of minis that GW has produced that I like so much that I.. shock and horror, went and bought and then spent hours painting. Lets see which one do you think GW care more about? Me saying thanks? or me buying their product?

However if that's all you want to hear I'll just leave this hear:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When have I ever said the world or GW owes me anything? They don't owe me anything, just like I don't owe them anything after I have paid my money to them in exchange for a product. I don't have to "like" GW to buy things off them. I don't like the mechanic who fixes my motorbike, he's a rude wanker frankly, he does however do a good job. I have to like a certain part of their product but I don't have to like everything about them to engage with them.

How is saying "I don't like X from GW so I'm not going to buy X but I do like Y so am I going to buy Y" make me a hypocrite exactly? I never said I don't like everything GW does, I have provided examples of stuff that GW does do that I like and I do support, hell there are two threads in the Project logs section with over 200 hundred replies each that are full of minis that GW has produced that I like so much that I.. shock and horror, went and bought and then spent hours painting. Lets see which one do you think GW care more about? Me saying thanks? or me buying their product?

However if that's all you want to hear I'll just leave this hear:

ho hum....id say you've successfully managed to kill this thread.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't like GW, just as much as I don't like any large international corporation. The trouble with large corporations is that their main goal are not the customers, but the profits. Those two are unfortunately not exactly the same.
I sure can have some appreciation for people who work there, but I would never "give love" to a corporation.

but no matter what your belief you cannot...and i stress cannot condemn a company for their wrong doings and then buy their product anyway..that just makes you a hypocrite.
By that logic, I would starve out, because I would refuse to support food industry. It does not mean that you have to appreciate a company in order to benefit from its products. All you need to is like their products enough to decide to buy them and yeah, I like most of the stuff that Games Worskhop makes, so I buy from it.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
The trouble with large corporations is that their main goal are not the customers, but the profits. Those two are unfortunately not exactly the same.
I sure can have some appreciation for people who work there, but I would never "give love" to a corporation.
That is the goal with any size company, regardless of tinfoilhat theories. Any company who claim differently is lying through their teeth, trying to get the customers approval, so they can get more traction and thus more profit. Any consumer who thinks there's any difference between a small company and a large corporation on this front is not only fooling himself, but giving a unbalanced view on the market itself.

I approve of the message you're trying to get through @fatmantis. There's way too much negativity towards GW in general, no matter what they do. I will, for one, show them some love as I really like the approach they are taking to their products, their strategy and the overall way they're handling their games right now.

Keep at it :good:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is the goal with any size company, regardless of tinfoilhat theories. Any company who claim differently is lying through their teeth, trying to get the customers approval, so they can get more traction and thus more profit. Any consumer who thinks there's any difference between a small company and a large corporation on this front is not only fooling himself, but giving a unbalanced view on the market itself.

I approve of the message you're trying to get through @fatmantis. There's way too much negativity towards GW in general, no matter what they do. I will, for one, show them some love as I really like the approach they are taking to their products, their strategy and the overall way they're handling their games right now.

Keep at it :good:
thanks man...you know its funny the question is often asked why postings are down...
and this is a prime example...nobody can make a simple gesture without people jumping on about capitalism and gw sucks..blah blah blah...it would be nice if people could just take the hobby..YES HOBBY as is is the good the bad and the expense..and just share...but all the social media sites are the same...just a place to complain...its such a shame...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sure it is, but corporations do have the means to get away with it without appealing enough to people.
I'm not a big fan of small companies either(or free market in general for that matter), but at least they don't exactly have the means to be as aggressive as large companies are.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sure it is, but corporations do have the means to get away with it without appealing enough to people.
I'm not a big fan of small companies either(or free market in general for that matter), but at least they don't exactly have the means to be as aggressive as large companies are.
OMG do you realize how wired that sounds??? you dont like big companies you dont like small companies..so how in the hell do you survive in this world? live in the sticks? gone bush? of the land?
this really was suppose to be a thread about the love of a hobby..not about capitalism or corporations..what is wrong with you people!!! are you all that sinical and jaded just because something costs money and im might not be 100% what you want?? considering you have the choice...thats really really sad

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Yet another thread derailed :(
@Jacobite has his own opinion of GW and does have a point in that he spends money with GW and that should be enough.

I personally don't conform to this view but also see little point in making 'GW we love you!' posts, as they just descend into bitch fests. I do love a majority of what has been made and I'm really looking forward to the new edition. But then again I enjoy all aspects of the hobby and have plenty of opponents who play the for the same reason I play, to have fun with toy soldiers.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yet another thread derailed :(
@Jacobite has his own opinion of GW and does have a point in that he spends money with GW and that should be enough.

I personally don't conform to this view but also see little point in making 'GW we love you!' posts, as they just descend into bitch fests. I do love a majority of what has been made and I'm really looking forward to the new edition. But then again I enjoy all aspects of the hobby and have plenty of opponents who play the for the same reason I play, to have fun with toy soldiers.
what doesn't end up in bitch fits on this site...??? it really does seem that the only threads that do well are the ones where people can get up on their soap box and throw a hissy fit....and yet the mods wonder why people dont post...this just makes me question what or if i should post again...it was just supposed to be something light-hearted..but derailed because of capitalism?? wow.......

im really starting to see why so many great members in the past have left.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts