I've begun painting my conversion for the January Conversion Deathmatch, as well as some Killa Kans. I'm going to post WIP pics throughout the whole process. Here are some before pics.
STEP 1: The first thing I did was paint everything Scab Red.
STEP 2: Then I drybrushed with Chainmail.
STEP 3: When this was dry I washed generously with Gryphonne Sepia.
STEP 4: Covered EVERYTHING in hairspray. No pics, sorry. I forgot to take them. DOH!
STEP 5: Airbrushed all the pieces with Iyanden Darksun. (If you are treating this as a tutorial, you can use any thick colour. I like yellow.)
STEP 6: Airbrushed Highlights with Bad Moon Yellow.
STEP 7: I applied water to the areas where I wanted the scratches to be. This penetrated the outer layer of paint to the hairspray, and cause it to flake off. I used my fingers and toothpicks to scratch the models. It flaked off easier than I expected, and I'm kind of worried that I may have put too many scratches. We'll have to see if it looks better once they are done.