Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a stupid question, but: For my Skaven general's fluff I was thinking of having it so he was kept as a pet by a giant after his hold was destroyed, would this be terribly unrealistic? :angel:

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Given a giant's propensity for either eating or squashing everything it encounters would be unlikely your general could be his pet for a long time. On the other hand, a giant playing with the pretty rat for a while then forgetting about it rather than eating it is not impossible.

Sounds like it could be an interesting event if written well - and not used as an excuse to have your general riding a giant :wink:

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
...not used as an excuse to have your general riding a giant
Thinking about it some more, and in the grand tradition of arguing against myself, you could do a very impressive conversion of a giant with Skaven pet and use it as a "counts as" Plague Furnace or Screaming Bell.

Still not sure how you would have the rest of the army there at the same time as the giant though.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it would be difficult, though the fluff for my clan is that they use a bunch of captured animals, so I'm going to convert the griffon in the IoB set into a hellpit.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Goblin Warlords have been known to take control of trolls and giants. I don't see why Skaven should be any different

Skar

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's pretty possible, note that on the actual model for a giant he has a human 'pet' in a cage.

You could model him on the giants shoulder, pointing, with the giant swinging a bell as a melee weapon to make them either a special model you could write rules for, a screaming bell or maybe even just an awesome diorama/etc? xD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts