Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I blame @Creon.

CAD: Clan Raukaan

Vaylund Cal (225) (EDIT: I should mention I added him instead of a full tooled Master of the Forge because I think he'd be amazing to convert out of a Centurion)

Techmarine, Servo Arm, Power Axe, BP (65)

Techmarine, Servo Arm, Power Axe, BP (65)

Tactical Squad 5+1, Grav Gun (99)

Deredo Pattern Dreadnought, Twin Linked Anvillus Autocannons, Hvy Bolters, Aiolos Missile Launcher (220)

Deredo Pattern Dreadnought, Twin Linked Anvillus Autocannons, Hvy Bolters, Aiolos Missile Launcher (220)

Skitarii Maniple

Rangers - 7+1, Omnispex (108)

Rangers - 7+1, Omnispex (108)

Onager Dunecrawler, Neutron Laser/Cognis Stubber, Cognis Manipulator (140)

Knight Detachment

Knight Errant (370)

1999 points

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Not taking advantage of the overlapping Onager shields when they're in the same unit, eh?

Could also use, say, some arquebuses on the Rangers, for those nice S6-16 hits on tanks with Armorbane. Average an 11 on their Pen roll? Not bad... and solid range, too. Complement the 30" Relentless precision shots of the rifles nicely.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not taking advantage of the overlapping Onager shields when they're in the same unit, eh?

Could also use, say, some arquebuses on the Rangers, for those nice S6-16 hits on tanks with Armorbane. Average an 11 on their Pen roll? Not bad... and solid range, too. Complement the 30" Relentless precision shots of the rifles nicely.
I knew the shields had to overlap, I didn't know they had to be the same unit. If so I'll probably group them together. I was hoping to be able to fire at different targets.

I may drop Cal back down to a Master of the Forge (really more effective that way) and find the points for upgrades for the Rangers.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CAD: Clan Raukaan

Master of the Forge, Gorgon's Chain, Ironstone, 1 extra wo... I mean Servitor (175)

Techmarine, Servo Arm, Bolter, BP (50)

Techmarine, Servo Arm, Bolter, BP (50)

Skitarii Maniple

Rangers - 7+1, 2 Arquebus (148)

Rangers - 7+1, 2 Arquebus (148)

Onager Dunecrawler, Neutron Laser/Cognis Stubber, Cognis Manipulator (x3, squadron'd) (420)

Knight Detachment

Knight Errant (370)

1999 points

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, it certainly helps fit in with the rest of the army, what with the Clan detachment getting their bonus also IWD rolls.

I could use the points for a few extra bodies, I just liked the idea of self-repairing heavy walkers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts