Dreadnought
Assault Cannon
Power fist w/Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support

Dread knight

Fast Attack
Storm Raven

All criticism is valued!

This is my Standard play list its roughly around 1850. This is for tournaments etc let me know what you think

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Because this is a tournament list, I'll start simple:

This list is Unbound. Is that ok? Many tournaments demand battleforged.

Draigo is NOT an HQ. he's a Lord of War. That means he does not qualify as the required HQ for the Nemesis Strike Force Detachment.

Beyond that, I would say you don't have enough boots. I'd keep maybe one squad of Paladins to put Draigo in, and then downgrade the others to Terminators for more points. With those points, throw out the Dreadnought and run a pair of Dreadknights, each with teleporters, incinerators, and maybe greatswords.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Draigo is NOT an HQ. he's a Lord of War. That means he does not qualify as the required HQ for the Nemesis Strike Force
I didn't realise I usually run a grandmaster or TechMarine, I see what you mean in regards to making Paladins into terminator squads but in terms of models the only other infantry unit I have is a 10 man strike squad.

I do run with a dreadnought but there not as good as standard SM ones so I wasn't sure if I should include one. Thanks for your input :D

Sorry my English is bad I hope I make sense

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Even if you don't have more models, I'd use regular Terminators for more points for Dreadknights. If you're using this list based on only what models you have, I'd still probably use Terminators over Paladins, and if you have Infantry, make them a Purifier Squad, and get yourself a Rhino so you can Nova from it.

If you really want Dreadnoughts, my recommendation would be to ally in Space Wolves. Using the Champions of Fenris supplement, Company of the Great Wolf, their basic detachment is 1 HQ and 2 Elites. Their dreadnoughts are cheaper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Even if you don't have more models, I'd use regular Terminators for more points for Dreadknights. If you're using this list based on only what models you have, I'd still probably use Terminators over Paladins, and if you have Infantry, make them a Purifier Squad, and get yourself a Rhino so you can Nova from it.

If you really want Dreadnoughts, my recommendation would be to ally in Space Wolves. Using the Champions of Fenris supplement, Company of the Great Wolf, their basic detachment is 1 HQ and 2 Elites. Their dreadnoughts are cheaper.

I do have Adepts Sororities as allies, Because there super cheap point wise i have 4 squads of Battle sisters i run with melta guns and i also have 5 Rhinos as dedicated transport (they are a nice well painted addition to my army, forge world plates!) and Saint Celestine (because she's a bad ass model) all in Our Martyred Lady theme :D
But in some tournaments they don't allow allies. So for tournaments Paladins can go toe to toe with most Elite units in the game and there durability in Melee can be key to winning games. I get what your saying about Points with the terminators maybe i will run 3 terminators with a Paladin squad maybe.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
But in some tournaments they don't allow allies. So for tournaments Paladins can go toe to toe with most Elite units in the game and there durability in Melee can be key to winning games. I get what your saying about Points with the terminators maybe i will run 3 terminators with a Paladin squad maybe add another dreadnought?
For their cost, I can't see Paladins being that useful. Better WS, more wounds, but the same durability of Terminators, and still insta-dead against S8 no matter how many wounds.

Dreadnoughts are... ok? Dreadknights are MUCH better.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
It's 2 per 5 men, actually. And the Apothecary costs as much as a Paladin. So for instance, you made a squad of 4 with the Apothecary (presumably to put Draigo in and then into the Stormraven)... he's not getting those special weapons anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts