Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

ghazghkull thraka and his Waagh

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  DeathKlokk 
#1 · (Edited)
seeing as i got a reply already to my first problem (witch i have many of) here goes the next one

i've been reading up, reading down, surfing the net, you name it, but i can't seem to understand HOW to use ghaz's Waagh nor do i understand it correctly

i believe that it does the following
1) gives everyone that has the waagh rule: fleet, but, instead of a reroll you get the maximum distance of 6" for all ork INFANTRY units (thus, no bikes and no trukks or battlewagons)

am i correct to believe that it's still one or the other? (run in shoot or assault) or is that changed aswell? since some people "claim" they can advance 6"movement + 6 running and then +12" charging and i think it's
6" movement + shooting and then + 12" charging automatically?

2) fearless (easy)
3) 2++ (easy)

#2 ·
From the Ork FAQ

Page 58 – Ghazghkull Thraka, Prophet of the Waaagh!
Change the third paragraph to read “Furthermore, for the
duration of the Waaagh!, all friendly Ork Infantry units
automatically count as rolling a 6 if they Run, and models with
the Slow and Purposeful special rule exchange it for Relentless
instead. All non-fleeing friendly Ork units become Fearless for
the duration of the Waaagh!”.

#4 ·
Getting fleet is helpful, overall the rule makes the Orks more mobile which is the idea of it I guess.

#6 ·
for sure ?

You've got to be kidding !

Weird boy ? Shock attack gun? surety is the last thing Orks have ! LOL

#8 ·
It's the chance you take I guess, the average charge range in 6th ed is 1" more than in 5th and potentially a full 12", the probability of roll enough charge range is much higher with a Fleet re-roll so it all serves the Melee focused Orks quite well.

#11 · (Edited)
found this thread a little confusing please clarify.

either you can:

declare waaagh---> move ---> auto move upto 6" in the shooting phase no dice rolling---> can't assault but are fearless and have a 2++

declare waaagh---> move---> don't run but can shoot if you want to---> assault with fearless and a 2++

where does the 2++ come from?

how long does it last?

is it just till the start of your next turn or only for the duration of the assault phase?

#12 ·
I have no idea where the 2++ comes from but the effects of the rule last until the start of your next turn.

If you're Slow and Purposeful you get Relentless, if you run you run 6" and you become Fearless and that's it.

All other rules about shooting and charging etc are as per normal.

#13 · (Edited)
Why is everyone saying you don't gain Fleet with Ghazghkull's WAAAGH! ?

You follow all the same rules for the normal WAAAGH, But if you run you get to move 6" with out rolling, all non-fleeing units become fearless, turns Slow and Purposeful into Relentless and Ghazy's save becomes invulnerable...

If you didn't gain Fleet then how would you have assaulted after running back in 5th?

Also with his you can use it at "Anytime" meaning you can even summon it on your opponent's turn if you really wanted to, but the only reason I could see for this would be for the invulnerable and Fearless thing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.