Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been largely out of the loop as far as the game side of 40k since maybe early to mid 2012, but I've recently gained back my enthusiasm for the game and I'm looking to get back into the swing of things. First things first, I'm going to be revamping my space puppies! Problem is that I've got no goddamn clue what the state of the game is like. To rectify that, I'm looking to you people to fill me back in, and I've got a few questions for y'all. How does the current state of the game compare to where it was during mid 5th edition? What do I need to worry about on the game board, and what is the current meta like (I know that's a bit of a hard question to answer, but do your best)? And, final question: what units should I be looking at while I'm upgrading?

I appreciate any answers that y'all can give (so long as they're not horse shit(this is me being sarcastic; don't fret about it)). :drinks::thank_you:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well the turns and some rules are a bunch like Fantasy now.

Move, psychic, shoot, assault.

That's the big one for me!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome back I guess? :laugh: Now, get those brushes out! *cracks whip!* :wink:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Some things you need to worry about:

things with 2+ cover saves
flying vehicles and monsters (though that Stormfang flier is badass)
Hull Points on vehicles and AP2/1 being necessary for Explodes! results
occasionally (multiple) squads of daemons being summoned
the Psychic Phase in general (Invisibility is a bitch)

...all I can think of off the top of my head. Space Wolves are great though, you can make some pretty strong stuff out of that Codex.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Imperial Knights, the Psychic phase and the summoning of Daemons that can follow, Grav in general, vanilla marines now have Chapter tactics, Decurions/Demi Companies/War Hosts, Eldar having Strength D weapons and Wraithknights being Gargantuan Creatures, Necrons are now rather resilient - more so, two/three new armies - Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarii/Adeptus Mechanicus Cult Mechanicus and Khorne Daemonkin, formations giving either free upgrades or transports.

Thats most of the changes of the top of my head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts