Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chaos Space Marines V Nids 1200pts.

I know the list isnt competetive, I know Possesed are unreliable, but with the IoK they make 3 str 5 attacks basic, then add whatever they roll. So not to bad in an assualt. The one squad of marines sits back and shoots, with the sorcerer who will wind of chaos anything that gets to close. Zererks charge forward and eat things. Daemon prince will provide fire support with Bolt, and will postion itself to charge anything nasty.

Daemon Prince
Wings
MoT
Warptime
Bolt of Change
200pts.

Chaos Sorcerer
MoT
Wind of chaos
Bolt of change
175pts.

ELITES:

5 Possesed
IoK
Possesed Champ
195pts.

TROOPS:

10 Chaos Space Marines
Aspiring Champ
Pfist s
IoCG
Plasma gun
Heavy Bolter
225pts.

8 Berzerkers
Aspiring Champion
Power Weapon
Plasma Pistol
Rhino
Daemonic Possesion
Havoc Launcher
283pts.

I still have around 165pts. To play with, any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
dont possessed w/ MoK & a champ only cost 170 pts?

personally is swap bolt of change for doom bolt on the sorcerer but i run lash or doom bolt

for the CSM squad id drop the heavy bolter for a melta/flamer/plasma...if its not plasma then swap the other plasma to the other.

drop the DP on the rhino, its a rhino...& nids come to YOU

as for stuff you can add: vindicators, NMs*, 2nd CSM squad, havocs w/ flamers, dread w/2 DCCWs....2nd Demon Prince

*im gonna recommend Noise Marines, i try to get at LEAST one squad of these guys every game, just remember to put sonic blasters on EVERY one. im toying with running 7 w/ a champ that has a Doom siren & PW - costs 220 pts

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, 25-28 points each, 45-55 for Icon, 13-16 for champ :p Sorry, but cant break forum rules :p :p

And ok, I was thinking of maybe getting some Havocs with Auto cannons, good idea? Bad?

·
Registered
82 Posts
i would suggest dropping the sorceror and adding a vindicator with daemonic possession for 145 pts and maybe defiler with close combat arm, or another vindicator.
cause ur versing nids ur going to want to have lots of pie plates floating round.

drop the daemonic possession and havoc off the rhino, r u going to use the rhino to get them into cc early?? and replace the heavy bolter with a flamer (u want templates).

i would take a vindicator over the havocs, though a 5 man havoc squad with 4 auto cannons does sound menacing (5 marines, + 4x auto cannons + IoCG= 165pts), they will take down any of there bigger MC's and do alright if u play them well, but will get railed if they ever get into close combat.

EDIT: the possessed squad only costs 170 as stated by fallen.

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys keep em coming! I am writing up the revised list now, I am really liking the 4x Autocannon idea, I am kind of avoiding the Vindi mainly because it feels a little too "Easy mode" for Chaos Marines to me, but I will consider it.

Btw Right Hand, Love the Sig, Mudvayne is the shit!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts