(troops)-x19 slugga boys+1x nob
-(nob)power claw+'eavy armor+bosspole

(troops)-x10 gretchin +1x runtherd

(fast attack)-x5 warbikers +x1 warbiker nob
-(nob)-power claw+ bosspole

(heavy support)-x3 killa kans
-grotzooka+skorcha+rokit

total=1491

throw me some suggestions on where i can improve this guys, thanks a lot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would drop the slugga boyz nobz eavy armour for a big shoota in the shoota sqaud
Also the killa kans mixed weaponry probably isnt a good idea as the mix of anti tank and horde will make choosing targets inefficient.
The sheer quantity of power klaws are good but rather expensive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
played a game with this list today, worked out great actually. the nobz DESTROYED my friends deathwing termies, and helped to kill a tactical squad, was most excellent:so_happy:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think 10 Nobs with "5" PKs AND "5" big choppas is overkill you really only need 2 or 3 PKs max in a squad of 10. If they get pie plated and its a direct that is some serious damage even though they do have cybork bodies.

Also I would consider dropping the war bikes, gretchins and those extra PKs to free up points to fit in at least a trukk for the Nobz and a Battle wagon or two for your 20 man squads. If they aren't in any type of transport they will basically get mowed down before they reach anything.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think 10 Nobs with "5" PKs AND "5" big choppas is overkill you really only need 2 or 3 PKs max in a squad of 10. If they get pie plated and its a direct that is some serious damage even though they do have cybork bodies.
I agree to some extent. I think in a squad of 10 you should have 3 klaws and 7 big choppas. Gives them all some transport killing power and you will wound most things on 2's. The banner is also very good. With this you will end up hitting on 3s wounding on 2s on most things. On the charge especially this is absolutely devastating.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heres the revisions to my list

hq: same warboss, but add a big mek with SAG

elites: 10 nobz 3x PK 7x BC same waagh banner etc
but they now have a trukk with red paint job grot riggers and reinforced ram

fast attack: 10x stormboyz w/ nob w/ PK

heavy: Killa Kans 2x grotzookas 1x skorcha and grot riggers

with mods 1498

oh and i dropped the gretchin

took your guys suggestions, and im playing tomorrow so i'll tell you guys how it works for me:eek:k:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k played two games today:

one game me and my friend (dark angels, green guys gotta stick together) were allied against some grey knights, and imperial guard. we played annihilation so in the beginning we rolled them over and just kicked the crap out of em:biggrin:. but by turn 3 they got 3 chimeras that all came in from reserve on my flank and killed almost a third of my army with flamers in one shooting phase. in the end me and my friend ended up down 3 (10 v. 7) in killpoints and lost, but my army got 4 of those killpoints so i did great lol:laugh:.

in game two it was me v. my friends dark angels. it was a slaughter. I destroyed him and it was hilarious. i replaced my stormboyz with a battlwagon both units did me almost no good, so i don't know what i want in terms of fast/heavy attack, any suggestions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts