Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Heretics, does anyone know where I can get or recommend a brand of paint maker that does German Field grey/feldgrau in a spray. I'm in Ireland so it would have to in Ireland or UK, as delivery companies are ball breakets on delivering spray paint internationally. I got the Tamiya field grey but it looks just like olive drab, has anyone tried Ral 6006 field grey? I can get that delivered but really dont want to spend the cash unless I know I'm betting the proper shade. Many thanks in advance Oldman

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Honestly can't help you on the spray front mate, but when it comes to regular paint I've been using Adeptus Battlegrey on my guys uniforms. Looks alright with a wash over it :)

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers @Tawa, in my continuing quest I realized "ral" is not a brand but a colour coding system, I might try grey with a green wash over it, however there is a car paint supplier near to me who will make paint in spray cans, I'm waiting to hear back from them. Unfortunately Ireland is poorly resourced in model suppliers

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Good stuff. :good:

Progress pics when you get some? :grin2:

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Army Painter do a basecoat spray called uniform grey that works a treat. I've used it on my Fall of Berlin Germans. You can pick it up in Gamer's World for a tenner.

I have that already pal cheers, I'm looking for that German greeny grey colour, it it a bit dark so I'll need to try it out first

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Go into Gamer's World and ask them to order this in for you. They've done it before for me for the yank tank one. I'll be in there during the week and can ask for you if you like. There might even be one on the shelf. That might work, but if not Vallejo do one in a dropper bottle in their Model Colour range

Infantry Spray German Field Grey [SP006] - £8.50 : The Plastic Soldier Company Ltd, Hard plastic miniatures for the wargamer and collector

If you could ask pal, that would be great, everywhere I looked so far would not send cans of spray in the post, looks like this company does, I'll do another google see if I can get a good view of the shade, many thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts