Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, for those of you who don't know who this guy is;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPzlYsaJyKI

Awesome blues/bluegrass guitar player. If you don't own any of his music, buy some now. But the thing is, he sings a lot about his experiences in his early life when he was, in his own words;

"Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three."

He's attained massive success relatively recently, 4 hit albums since 2006. 3 gold selling and one platinum in the UK. So here's the thing, he comes across as incredibly genuine, even after hes success. But he must be rolling in cash, so where's it all going? Here's his wiki page.

Not expecting an answer really, maybethis could be a thread where members can post up other weird questions they have.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Maybe he donates to homeless people.
While we're on the subject of weird questions I would like to pose the question "What's the deal with Angry Birds?". Sure, the story shows that pigs stole their eggs but that seems like a small enough pretence to start a war with them. Do they have a dark history with the pigs? Do they suffer from behavioural disorders? I need answer gosh damn it!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe he donates to homeless people.
While we're on the subject of weird questions I would like to pose the question "What's the deal with Angry Birds?". Sure, the story shows that pigs stole their eggs but that seems like a small enough pretence to start a war with them. Do they have a dark history with the pigs? Do they suffer from behavioural disorders? I need answer gosh damn it!
Hormonal imbalance is my guess, or they've eaten some explosives and are just on a last, desperate rampage. Brings to mind the Happy Mondays actually, LINK, see no. 16 on the list. Remember that scene from 24 hour party people? :grin:

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
He probably is rolling in cash but has seen enough of the world in his life not to feel the need to act like a complete chump the moment he gets rich. I really like Seasick Steve, the guys a legend and an inspiration, all the more so because he's not got his head stuffed up his own arse.

My own question: Peter Andre, why has no one killed this moaning, self obsessed bag of pissflaps yet?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My own question: Peter Andre, why has no one killed this moaning, self obsessed bag of pissflaps yet?
Because just imagining punching him repeatedly in the face, probably whilst he apologises for being "Peter Andre", brings enough of a smile to peoples faces? I know it helps me get out of bed

·
Registered
480 Posts
Whats with the 80s coming back? Tight pants, ill-advised haircuts, bad music, neon colors......we just spent the last 20 years making fun of that terrible era. Just another thing for people to grow out of and regret.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know how women's monthly cylces can synchronise, usually with friends or colse group. Does the same thing happen in female only prisons?

·
Registered
52 Posts
No, the closer they get, the more likely they are to get shivved.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Having met the guy at a festival a few years ago (second album just out iirc) he seemed to be spending enough of it on Jack Daniels, he was drinking pretty much non-stop.
I would guess he has a nice home, plenty of women and whatever the hell he likes to eat - didn't seem like he would ever spoil as he has had too much life experience to go bad, likely he just lives the life he wants and I would guess gives a bit back to those that he has met on his way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts