Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, as some of might now I've started work on an ambitous plan started over at astro. In 12 months we're suppossed to build up a 3000 (or more) points army for apocalypse. I've gong completely insane, throwing all rationality overboard and stepping up with two armies. An Iron Warrior-renegade guard combo and a nid horde.

I've just started to rework some of my current nids before I start adding new stuff (trygon and giant spore sace :D ) and it hit I wanted to use the same bases and storyline from my WI for them. The basic idea is a hiveworld in the middle of a siege finding tyranids hybrids amongst the hiding population and not before long thing turn pearshaped and the hivemind turns its attentions to the fairly unimportant planet. As a result the new ruined cities are slowly being overrun by the rapidly mutation flora surrounding them.

Now here's the point (you were wondering went it would come weren't you :wink:) I've recovered some of my old genestealer cult minis and in rememberance of the great fun I had with them I want to somehow encoorporate a genestealer cult idea into the normal nid list. So using some old minis and converting some new ones to add hybrids, genestealer mutants and other stuff to give it something unique.

I was wondering if anyone of you would have any kind of (conversion) ideas whatsoever as I'm more or less stuck at 'just add a few old minis in here and there'. Was thinking it might be fun to make a full 'counts as gaunts' brood of hybrids.

Perhaps this is finally an excuse to cram a lictor or two into the army :wink:

So many thanks in advance as my internet at home is meesing with me so I won't be able to read this until tomorrow!

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
You could try and use the IG Sanctioned Pysker mini's for some of the higher ranked members of the cult - they look suitably hunched over and mangy looking.

Just an idea for you.

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, very good idea here.

I could do something like human/stealer hybrid versions of larger nids organisms. Hybrid zoanthrope, hybrid fex and other to add so some brood......damn this could turn out very cool indeed. But first to get some more john woo-style spinegaunts done :wink:

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After giving it some more thought, I've decided to keep the army mostly nid with a few hybrid mini thrown in here and there. That should really help make the few of them look very unique and will allow me to model them specifically to the brood they are attached to.

But I'll definitely look into some warrior conversions and a hybrid ogryn would be very cool. I would almost kill to get my hands of a few dozen of those cool genestealer feeder tendrils :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts