Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys helped me a lot when I was playing IG and I love to hear your advice on lists, especially ones that are for the monthly 1k local tournament. Here is what I've come up with, there will probably be one of every army at this tournament minus Dark Eldar so I want to have all my bases covered.

Librarian- Level 1, Shield Eternal
Terminator Squad- Assault Cannon
Dreadnought- Assault Cannon, Powerfirst
Tactical Squad- 8 troops, Multi-melta, Meltagun, Drop Pod
Tactical Squad- 4 troops, Plasma Cannon
Tactical Squad- 5 troops
Stormtalon
Assault Squad- 5 w/ jump packs

Tournament is tomorrow so get to crackin'! Thanks all :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would suggest dropping the Multi Melta for a combi melta on the drop pod squad as you will be snapfiring the multi melta on turn you enter and you might not survive to the next turn.
Other suggestion is the Shield Eternal feels a bit overkill i would defo we using those points to equip the assault marines with some better weapons maybe flamers and power weapons.

PB.

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
130 Posts
Try this out for size- works out to just under 1000pts

Librarian Lvl 2
8 man tactical squad- meltagun and Sgt with Combi-melta (in drop pod)
5 man tactical squad with plasma cannon
5 man tactical squad
Dreadnought with Assault cannon and CCW/ storm bolter
Terminator squad with assault cannon
Stormtalon Gunship with Skyhammer Missile Launcher
5 man assault squad with 2x flamers, sgt with power weapon and melta bombs

Personally Id be tempted to drop the terminators and go with more tactical and fast attack units. Even with a 2+/5++ save they can be taken down with sheer weight of firepower.

Assuming you will be going against some heavy support-themed armies (tau/ I.Guard) Id be tempted to drop pod most of my tactical squads in armed with melta/plasma guns.

On another note, if you drop the stormtalon and the terminators you could go for a stormraven and embark the dreadnought inside it. You would also be able to take those important drop pods. That way he can get upfield, have supporting fire and get in their face (hopefully T2). Also with the better armour you will have an easier time of surviving the first salvo of anti-air fire you will most surely face.

Hope this helps :eek:k:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with:

Lib ML 2
10 man tactical with melta, multimelta in drop pod
10 man tactical with plasma, plasma cannon
5 terminators with assault cannon
dread with assault cannon and power fist
stormtalon with skyhammer

I took 2nd and was a perils of the warp away from winning the whole thing. Thanks for the suggestions!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts