Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Just joined up here and thought I'd say hello!
I'm 28 and I live in the UK.
I joined after finding a wonderful post on an alternative paint scheme for Be'lakor, The Dark Master. I found it so well thought out that I had to join up and say well done (and also that I'm stealing his theme ;-) )
I recently came back to 40k after a 14 year break, so am very out of practice. Used to have a niddykins army, but my love has waned for them somewhat recently.
As luck would have it, a friend of mine was doing a clearout, and gave me his entire CSM army (!) which is worth a fortune, and is easily 5000pts+, boasting everything from Land Raiders, Predators, Abaddon, Be'lakor, and a rather Chaosy Shadowsword super heavy.
Currently learning how to switch from an expendable horde army, to a somewhat more elite force (that has some big guns!), which is quite a challenge. Marines die in droves, and I forget that they aren't just cannon fodder. They are supposed to MDK stuff! But its a learning curve.
Anyway, thats enough for now.
Comment welcome!
-Crag

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Welcome to heresy! I started out with CSM and they certainly can be a touchy army to play, but it sounds like you are provided with a good base. I'd recommend adding some heldrakes and forgefiends to the list of toys, because they are the flavour of the month with this current codex (maybe I should take my own advice some time).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the welcomes!
Although I like the model, I'd like to avoid flyers where possible - they are just not my cup of tea. Plus, there aren't many knocking around in my current group. We tend to play in a less than competitive atmosphere, so am not after any game breakers :)
However, I do like the idea of having some forgefiends knocking around. Maybe a full scale walker army, forgefiends and helbrutes alike. Could be a lot of fun! Certainly would look good on the battlefield anyhow, however impractical it may be.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome aboard! :good:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts