Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a full hormagaunt box that I must have bought ages ago. Win.

Also found a few tyranid biomorph sprues, fully intact.

So I decided to convert these hormagaunts into termagants. I cut up the straight bounding legs, shaved them along the joints into new angles and re-glued them. The gaunts were now standing instead of leaping, and were more upright than the standard termagant model. I like it.

I got through these two guys before my sanity gave out. Gaunt legs are fiddly. Also I used a small butane lighter to heat up and curl the tails upwards so they didn't hang below the base. I should have used pliers to hold the models. I didn't. I am dumb for that.

I have a unit of twenty termagants with fleshborers built this same way. It was excruciating. I figure five or six more of the guys with devourers will be a good bolster or alternate models for the unit. :victory:

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Hmm i feel that they look very odd or off really. Nothing wrong but seems odd eith the raptor like gaunts standing "straight".

Hmm don't quite know how i feel about this.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Raptor gaunts is exactly the look I wanted. I always imagined them moving like the velociraptors in the Jurassic park movies. :so_happy:

So um, thank you. :scratchhead:

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
I've always thought that the gaunts with the straight backs not this strange standing gaunt... thats all?

Normal gaunts=raptor gaunt
Standing gaunt=strange abomination alien creature thingamajig

Not bad just a little different and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts