Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys.

My girlfriend and I put together a couple Tanith First and Only cosplay outfits for Fan Expo in Toronto. We didn't jot down too many details, but basically we made a chest piece and shoulder pads out of EVA foam and tried shooting for a lighter-than-Cadian body armor, battle scarred and made to look like dirty, blackened metal. The camo cloaks are nice and heavy and the lasguns we were carrying were also made out of EVA foam. We wore little microbeads, wrist pieces, gloves, knee-pads done to look like the armor and with straight silvers in the strap of the knee pads. There was velcro on the gun to attach the straight silver like a bayonet but it wasn't quite working out for us so we just kept it around our legs. My lasgun is supposed to seem to have a nalwood stock and hers a wire-stock, for being from Vergast. I was gonna wear a blue tattoo and blacken my beard too, alas there was no time.

I just wanted to show 'em off. You guys have much experience cosplaying 40K? My girlfriend has decided she wants to make this a yearly thing and wants to do a commissar/bloodpact duo next year. I'm pretty damned excited for it.

Here is a 360 degree photo of each:
http://www.shelflife.net/cosplay?36...=Cosplay&utm_medium=share&utm_source=Facebook
http://www.shelflife.net/cosplay?36...=Cosplay&utm_medium=share&utm_source=Facebook

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
very cool cosplay you should do it every year.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Looks pretty sweet to me, give it a go every year for sure!

Anybody else get bad flash backs when they saw this :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah, definitely plan it. We're already sure about our costumes for the next three years. I'm gonna be Blood Pact, Tau Stealthsuit and Necron Lord in that order.

I just got one of the photos from the photographer who met up with us there. I've photoshopped it for the sake of fun. Check 'er out:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts