Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some gaps in my models.

My eldars body has a gap where it la connected to the legs

My kings of war dwarves have gaps as well between the front and back of the body.

My question is why?

Thanks in advance

Gothic

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Slight problems with the mould or just that particular batch. Get some greenstuff in there and it should be fine.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Two ideas either the model may have an error in the mould eg the arms or leg being bent a certain way, some heating with hair dryers could work with some plastics or hot water but Ive never tried that method but always be carfull with heating plastics. Or you could cut and shape the plastic with a knife.

The second option is green stuff or some other modeling puttys which works well for metal or plastic minitures. This would be the better option i would think but could be costly or hard to do correctly.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Make sure you are trimming off all the excess plastic from the sprue. Sometimes the mold injection points can get in the way if not trimmed right. A quick rub of a small file should do the trick either way. Liquid green stuff is great for filling gaps as well.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
for fine lines and gaps I always use Liquid green stuff and file it down with fine emory boards (don't use a file otherwise it won't leave it smooth), if it is on metal models then normal GS would be better, it generally depends on the size of the gap - pics would be helpful

1 - 6 of 6 Posts