Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there.
I'm currenly building a gaming table.
The dimensions are 1m(H)x 2.4m(L)x 1.2m(L)
or: 3.3ft x 8ft x 4ft
Meaning i have 2ft of left over table space for rulebooks, reserves, dead dudes etc.

I was wondering, if you were to play on this table, would you rather have a 2ft x 2ft square of space at one end for all of the above. Or would you prefer have an entire table end to yourself? I.e. 1ft x 4ft rectangle?

Asthetically, i think an end each would look better.
Practically, i think the 2ft square could be of more use.

What are your individual thoughts?

Thanks in advance :victory:

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
2ft shared is better. This gives room for army cases and allows one to stay on one side of the table when reaching for models in the zone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would say keep the table separate if you can and create a side table. Something behind the players. I find it much better to have full access to walk around the table, working out your tactics. Tables just look so sloppy with dice, books, pencils, etc cluttered all over your beautiful battlefield and painted models.. my 2 cent's (quid?)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys.....
Any more??????
I'm planning on doing a tutorial after i have it finished.

Just to clarify: each player has a 2ft square area at one end of the table. So in total, the area is 2ft x 4ft.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Shared table space would be better. Maybe I should think about this when I do my games room ... when I get a house that has one :grin:

·
Registered
171 Posts
if you are worried about cluttering the table ends up why dont you make two sliding draws or platforms which can be stored under the table on runners

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I'm doing a 6x4 table for mine, but I have a spare table that will be used for a 2x4' area for placing deaders/rules and army cases (while getting stuff out. Once out, the cases go UNDER the table.) but that's because I don't have the 12' long space for the full length table.

The other reason is that my games table has to fold away and fit into our garden shed, with table top and terrain. A 6x4 board is easier for one person to manoeuvre than an 8'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts