Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'll be moving house soon (again). But this time we bought a house so it looks like we will be staying put for a bit. :laugh: Even better, the missus and me agreed on making the entire top floor into a hobby/gaming room for the both of us. Now I already have built a modular gaming board that fits into our current small study, but with the upcoming increase of space I want to expand the option we have and build some more ambitious projects.

To this end I ask you all to show me some of your own work or gaming boards that you think are especially awesome!

I'll start off with a few:

Chaos theme battle board, with amazing Plog: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/60/308095.page

Awesome Cityfight board:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
This is my trench table, though I didn't make it. I have to make some blockades to provide more LoS blocking things (or at least cover) and I want to make two more 2x2 sections of no man's land. Another idea I've had for more cover is to make a few pieces of wrecked vechicle terrain that fits into any crater of your choosing. There would have to be a couple general sizes since the craters aren't all uniform, but I feel like it could work.

Not quite as epic as the tables above, and in hindsight I wish we had have thought to make the trenches a bit more damaged. Still a joy to play on for sure!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is my trench table, though I didn't make it. I have to make some blockades to provide more LoS blocking things (or at least cover) and I want to make two more 2x2 sections of no man's land. Another idea I've had for more cover is to make a few pieces of wrecked vechicle terrain that fits into any crater of your choosing. There would have to be a couple general sizes since the craters aren't all uniform, but I feel like it could work.

Not quite as epic as the tables above, and in hindsight I wish we had have thought to make the trenches a bit more damaged. Still a joy to play on for sure!
That's a cool looking board! Do you know what materials were used in the making?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
That's a cool looking board! Do you know what materials were used in the making?
Thanks dude, it presents quite a few challenges while playing due to the lack of LoS blocking items. I'm pretty sure it was made using pink foam insulation and thin cardboard strips combined with foamcore. Heat gun (aka blow drier of HOT) for the craters to boot I think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts