Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just got the pics of the gamesday mini for coming year. Shame we keep getting more and more Space Marines and I already feel some people getting their smurf-bashing hats on ;)

Still in all honesty this is quite a decent, dynamic mini!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
That's pretty cool. It makes sense though, it was warhammer last year, so it should be 40K this year. We actually haven't had SM for a few years, year before that was a dwarf slayer.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Woah, that's nice!

It's a conversion, right? As far as I know, no factory model looks like that. Is it a Master of the Fleet or something?

Please explain, and also, I'd love to hear how you made it.

And yeah, I'm sure you have a chance - go for it! :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Woah, that's nice!

It's a conversion, right? As far as I know, no factory model looks like that. Is it a Master of the Fleet or something?

Please explain, and also, I'd love to hear how you made it.

And yeah, I'm sure you have a chance - go for it! :D
????

This is not his model. Its the games day model given to ppl who want it and attend the games day, done by gw.

I have seen the green a while ago and I must say when painted it looks better

·
Registered
517 Posts
????

This is not his model. Its the games day model given to ppl who want it and attend the games day, done by gw.

I have seen the green a while ago and I must say when painted it looks better
Oh...

Excuse my n00bishness...:blush::fool::(

·
Registered
811 Posts
wow, i've never been to gamesday before, does this event happen in the states?

Id be willing to go if I could get this model.

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's pretty cool. It makes sense though, it was warhammer last year, so it should be 40K this year. We actually haven't had SM for a few years, year before that was a dwarf slayer.

True, true. But nearly every 'special edition' mini has been a SM, most of them being far removed from the term special (like the one you get with the WD subscription).

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Oh....my...god...I must get that model just to rip its head off because it looks aweful. Not bad otherwise

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
wow, i've never been to gamesday before, does this event happen in the states?

Id be willing to go if I could get this model.

Yes the states have 4 events Los Angeles (mine), Chicago, Baltimore and Atlanta. If you get a chance you should go to one.

I like the pose of the mini but the head is bad and going to get ripped off or I'll trade it for something I want.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Man, I would love to have a few of these for my army. Fits the theme perfectly.

Anyway for those of us not lucky enough to goto games day to get a hold of some of these?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I am getting that as soon as the door opens. The daemon-killing giant slayer whatnot was really not my style (obviously a psycannon is better than a small Beowulf esque guy) and this SM looks positively awesome

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Nice mini, good scuplt and dianamic pose. I don't mind the head that much, to me it looks quite simler to the Dev Ser head. Pity its a SM though. I'd love to see a IG Rough Rider or something.

·
Registered
275 Posts
omg i hate it looks like hes going to fall over again lol

not me thanks

·
Registered
368 Posts
hmmm, its ok i guess. The dynamic pose is good. His heads a bit on the odd side but its nothing major. Better than the 40k ork with his arms crossed they had last time. Wasnt a massive fan of that one.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wasn't the last Gamesday mini a SM also? Captain Sicarius or something? It's pretty sweet, I'll snag one at Baltimore.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts