Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
is going to DISNEY LAND
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gamesday 2009 was... a flop. i admit it, and we all should.
it was small, understaffed, and just barren, compared to this year.

I am happy to tell you that Gamesday 2010 was the single greatest gaming experience of my life. i walked in there to see 2 space marines talking, one a chaos terminator, one a crimson fists Tactical marine. i walked the whole way into the room, and quite literally gazed in wonderment. i could see row upon row of tables, each covered with their own unque terrain, like the forge of the emporer, minas tirith, and more.

I walked around, with my jaw dropping at the sheer numbers of beautiful terrain, and the big games werent exactly overshadowed. then i noticed in the corner where the temporary wall had been last year was replaced by ANOTHER convention hall! thats right, this year's gamesday was 2 times bigger than last year. so, i walk there to check it out.

the first thing that i saw, was a ginourmous inflatable space marine, about 100 feet tall. then i noticed the club tables and the infininte club and free tables that were off to the sides. I said hi to our good friends at B&C, and played a couple rounds in the rapid-fire tournament. I also checked out Fantasy Flight Games, who had a booth there. i didnt have quite enough for the horus heresy, but i reccomend vehemently that you get it, cause its AWESOME!.

I went over to the inflatable Space Marine, and watched the trailer for the Space Marine movie, which looks cool, and checked out the Space Marine video game, which also looks nice. neither of them were amazing, but they didnt suck either. I headed over to the Carnival of chaos after that, having earned some tickets in the retail store. I won some sniper drones in the Khorne booth!

I then went and listened to the Black Library seminar, in which i heard several excerpts from the authors new books. i was so excited to meet Dan Abnett, until i realized the sneaky bastard had stayed at the booth (which had a ginourmous line) so that was cool.

For about an hour i played in the space hulk event, which was about 15 sets put together on a massive table, with the prize being space hulk! so i realized i had to go in a couple of minutes when i hear this "RAAAAAAAGH"

now, in gamesday its not uncommon to hear WAAAGH contests, but this was a sustained ululating wail, akin to a canadian goose's mating call. I turn to see a crowd of people screaming at the top of their lungs at a few guys huddled around boxes. so i go on over and see that the guys are huddled around boxes of GW stuff, throwing them into the crowd. i got 3 bonesingers! (available for sale or trade)
Afterwards, i had to go, but not before i got this picture

this is the empty box of blisters that they tossed into the roaring crowd

So in conclusion, thank you, Tom iforgethisname, manager of the Glenn Burnie Battle Bunker, and assistant coordinator for Gamseday. Shout outs to Kurt and Jon, 2 guys at my local store who were working the merch area, trying to pressure me into getting a batallion of the gamesday models :), and basically thank everybody and anybody who helped out and made that wondrous day possible

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.