Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I wonder if this is a limited release thing like what they did with the original Captain Sicarius. Maybe that means there'll be a summer campaign supplement or something-- we haven't seen one of those for a long time, and a lot of hobbyists (such as myself) have fond memories of Armageddon, the Thirteenth Black Crusade, and even the Medusa V campaign, I suppose... Although the Medusa campaign was really dumb.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
just noticed that the storm bolter isnt attached to a hand, looks like its on a belt loop,thats never happened before, that cloak looks impressive too, but that aside we have no idea if this is going to be released or not, could just be a blue trout
*grabs pitchfork!*

FLOSSEH!!! :crazy:

·
Registered
811 Posts
It is an updated sculpt of the 1991 Games Day miniature (the first ever gd mini) and is a Blood Angel Captain. It is hard to tell whether it is the exact same pose, the head looks like it has a little less hair and he has an added Iron Halo, but the skull pattern scabbard, weaponry, cloak etc are all the same. Pretty cool in my opinion. Rumour has it that this links in with the supposed Blood Angel prescence in the new starter set too.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Maybe the new site is set to coincide with the new starter (still can't believe a new starter is coming after 2 years) and the Captain is the exclusive to it.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Questions that occur thus far:

1) Will this see forgeworld models arrive on the site?
2) Will we see SOB reduced to two models, a transfer sheet and a three page codex?
3) Is it all a red heron?
4) Will there be any additional models appearing?
5) Will finecast be retitled not-so-finecast?
6) Why is my tea cold already?
7) Is it a complete site redesign?
8) Or just a change of colours?
9) How will this list end?
11) Where did 10 go?
12) Is 11 relevant?
13) Is 13 a bad number to end on?

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Questions that occur thus far:

1) Will this see forgeworld models arrive on the site? Yes, at least in theory from rumors thus far. I would imagine you might already know.
2) Will we see SOB reduced to two models, a transfer sheet and a three page codex? Not if they want players to riot.
3) Is it all a red heron? What does that even mean?
4) Will there be any additional models appearing? Apparently some Captain model is.
5) Will finecast be retitled not-so-finecast? Finecrap, maybe? Will we see finecast go and replaced by plastic versions is my question.
6) Why is my tea cold already? Because you took the time to type this list.
7) Is it a complete site redesign? Probably.
8) Or just a change of colours? Possibly.
9) How will this list end? Probably on question numbered 13 without a question 10... which technically makes it 12 questions.
11) Where did 10 go? To lunch.
12) Is 11 relevant? Nope.
13) Is 13 a bad number to end on? Not really.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Maybe the new site is set to coincide with the new starter (still can't believe a new starter is coming after 2 years) and the Captain is the exclusive to it.
I don't believe they would put a teaser like that up if it were for something being released in a box set

*grabs pitchfork!*

FLOSSEH!!! :crazy:
FFS, not again, I thought the mods had locked up the pitchforks so he couldn't get at them anymore

I would imagine you might already know
Not a banana, my sources these days mostly consist of Whisky and Ketchup

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
That's an entire food group, IMHO. Genuinely, I would have thought you had answers to all that you posted.
The (good) info I have got has diminished over time,
I still have some idea about what is coming up but the word patchy doesn't come close.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Some things I noticed:-

1. The sprue's shadow is the actual model stuck together.
2. There is no base on the sprue. Most of the new plastic characters have the base on the sprue these days. (Might be wrong there.)
3. Moar Spess Marhines.
10. My tea has also gone cold.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
10. My tea has also gone cold.
Time for action;

Dear GW
It has come to my attention that since your website went offline many people's (two, so far) tea has gone cold.
Please explain why you have allowed this to happen-you plastic crack pedalling fascist bastards.

Lots of love
Bindi

Reactions: Khorne's Fist
1 - 20 of 81 Posts