Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Floor or decking plates by Gareth

Gareth is something of a celebrity at my gaming club, having been in White Dwarf showcasing his armies more than once. He is also an accomplished terrain builder and I hope to feature some of his work soon. An industrial piece he recently brought in had some nicely textured floor plates which turned out to be the packing band that comes around the Games Workshop boxes - you know, that very tough plastic banding that is about 10mm wide. It has a nice diamond pattern texture to it. Cut it into strips, glue it to your floors, spray it black and dry-brush with silver. I have also seen cross-stitch canvas used to good effect. This is the material with the square cross-pattern on it that is used when making tapestry pictures and so on."

From TerraGenesis

Ok--What is this that he speaks of? Is this something out dated? This is a very important question as I am now building terrain.

·