Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd just like to put on record the fact that I am absolutely fucking sick to death
of hearing Games Workshop Manchester staff say the word "Awesome" in every fucking sentence that they say.

Thank you for listening.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I'm sick of Brummies being so pessimistic and whiny all the time...also Crewe is one of the lower levels of hell, I think the overuse of the word Awesome is one of the weakest complaints about a GW's staff I've heard in a long time though.

Are these people also rude and overly intrusive, or is it just the 'Awesome' thing?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Awesome post :)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Dude that was an awesome post thanks for posting awesomeness I suggest you get off your awesome High Horse and deal with it by your awesome self. If you're getting angry just because some awesome staff think that the word awesome is awesome than this is probably just your awesome problem.

is that awesome enough for you?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thay've just taken on a completely new staff apart from the manager. The new kids mean well, but they are so obviously products of GW training scheme complete with keywords and phrases to interject into every conversation, but no knowledge of what they are selling. It's insulting.

I was queueing at the counter when the guy before me asked one of them to explain the difference between Gloss and Matt Varnish. And he couldn't. He actually struggled, apart from one came in a can, the other in a pot. Finally he said they were both "Awesome"...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Heres an awesome song that I think you might like:
Yes, it is kind of annoying but I had to post it.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Fucking Awesome!!!

Due to the AWESOME level being exceedingly high, you have now received the OFFICIAL SEAL OF AWESOMENESS...

The INSTITUTE OF AWESOMNESS has seen your AWESOME and is pleased. They have honored you with an AWESOME AWARD!!!

To accept your AWESOME AWARD you need the proper AWESOME ATTIRE...

It is best to have coordinated AWESOME FOOTWEAR too, because that would be AWESOME...

You might want to bring an AWESOME BOOK, you will have a bit of a wait in the lobby before accepting your AWESOME AWARD...

You could also bring your AWESOME LAPTOP too...

I think I have overdosed on AWESOME...

This has been so AWESOME!!!

·
4,491 Posts
Meh, im not really much of a fan of the word awesome either.

I dont really care if other people use it, i just dont really use it myself.

Im more of a "nice", "cool", "sweet", or "epic" guy.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Meh, im not really much of a fan of the word awesome either.

I dont really care if other people use it, i just dont really use it myself.

Im more of a "nice", "cool", "sweet", or "epic" guy.
It really doesn't bother me if people use AWESOME, I not a great fan of it either and am more likely to use the words The Cheese said. The fact that they have no idea what they are selling is a bit disconcerting though, I'm fortunate that I have a local GW where the staff are knowledgeable and know their stuff. Give the new staff time, I'm sure they'll learn (Here's hoping)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts