Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought some people might find this interesting.

http://jobs.games-workshop.com/2015/03/06/freelance-authors/

Freelance Authors
Posted on Friday 6 March, 2015

About the Job
Do you want to write fantastic fiction of the highest quality for Games Workshop products to tight deadlines?

Are you excited by describing the unique worlds of Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 through gripping stories with evocative battle scenes that are full of character, whilst adhering strictly to Games Workshop’s intellectual property?

You will be able to provide written fiction that will be used in Games Workshop products. This will be on a freelance basis, to agreed deadlines. You will need basic knowledge of Games Workshop’s intellectual property and a desire to learn more.

Other Essential Information
Closing date: We are always looking for new people who can do this job. Because of this, there is no closing date for this advert.

How to Apply
If you wish to apply you must send us an email telling us what you want to write about the worlds Games Workshop has created and why (no more than 250 words please). This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.

We don’t need to know how long you have been in the hobby (if you are enthusiastic about writing fiction we’ll take that as a given) or your writing credentials (complete novices or Pulitzer prize winners are equally welcome). We want to know which part of the IP you are going to explore and why.

We will then ask you to complete two tests for us and, if successful, you will join our freelance author pool. All our correspondence will be via email. Because of the potential volume of responses, we cannot guarantee to respond to every application. However, we will endeavour to respond to successful applicants within 30 days of your application.

Please send your application letter to [email protected].

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Have had a tab open for this for a while. Just need to work up a good sell of myself and my passion for the background side of the hobby/fanfic writing chops.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
the first successful applicant should be put in charge of writing adverts for writing jobs....
second that :biggrin:
anyhow, i am seriously tempted, altough i already have a job...
EDIT: screw my job, i submitted my form. Fingers crossed and pray the Gods!!

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
That's been a statement I've seen popping up a lot lately. Everyone suffering from the lies or something lately?
oh no, just suffering from general heresy :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At last! Now you can all be Matt Ward! :biggrin:
Finally! Time to write a story where the Sisters of Battle and Adeptus Custodes have to stop a rampaging Bloodthirster in the Imperial Palace, only for it to arrive in front of the Golden Throne in time for the Grey Knights, lead by Draigo, to arrive kill it, then kill the witnesses and finger paint a mural to the Emperor's kindness on the walls right before the Emperor rises from his throne and tell them they are his second best creation, second only to the Ultramarines.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Finally! Time to write a story where the Sisters of Battle and Adeptus Custodes have to stop a rampaging Bloodthirster in the Imperial Palace, only for it to arrive in front of the Golden Throne in time for the Grey Knights, lead by Draigo, to arrive kill it, then kill the witnesses and finger paint a mural to the Emperor's kindness on the walls right before the Emperor rises from his throne and tell them they are his second best creation, second only to the Ultramarines.
Cool story bro, but it really does need more Ultrasmurfs and shit.

In all seriousness though, I see the floodgates opening on Bad Writing here. There's a reason the Black Library tend to be extremely selective after all.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool story bro, but it really does need more Ultrasmurfs and shit.

In all seriousness though, I see the floodgates opening on Bad Writing here. There's a reason the Black Library tend to be extremely selective after all.
They are screening the applicants and just because you write something doesn't mean it'll be used.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Working on an application now. I've already got a job but if this is a freelance thing I can't see why I couldn't do both.

Do you need to put your address on this? Or is just a few paragraphs of why me?

LotN

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Thank you Zion for posting this I need to pay attention to these things more often. I found the BL one three days before the closing but submitted something. I will submit to this one as well. Been doing a lot of writing so we shall see how this goes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts