1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GAMES WORKSHOP DIGITAL EDITIONS

Coming June 10th 2013
Available for Android, Kindle and iBooks

Over the coming months, you’ll be able to collect a wide variety of different digital publications; some from the forgotten archives of the past, and some venturing anew into the depths of the Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 universes.

Download this preview, and you’ll find samples of the first instalments in three new series: Warlords of the Dark Millennium, Munitorum and Index Astartes.
Just click on one of the buttons below, and find out what you can expect from Games Workshop Digital Editions.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/digital-editions-preview.html
I downloaded the preview and I still have no idea what they are trying to sell me. :fool:

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
I downloaded the preview and I still have no idea what they are trying to sell me. :fool:
So the internet can stop bitching that it's only an iPad thing now?

I am wondering if it was a combination of trying to see how feasible the digital distribution system was, combined with needing to have licenses for these systems and then needing to make digital books that worked with them that kept it from happening sooner.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Awesomeness, my galaxy tab is going to end up costing me a fortune in downloaded books :D

But it will be a whole lot lighter than all of them.

·
Registered
992 Posts
If you read the FAQ at the end of the preview they talk directly about putting codexes and even the full rulebooks in the .epub and .mobi formats as well, just that they may be lacking some of the "cool" features in the iBooks format.

Finally looks i will be able to get some of the rulebooks on my Android tablet. /cheer

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Warlords of the Dark Millenium
Updated to 6th Edition Heroes and Villains from White Dwarf, with individualised entries.

Munitorum
Remember that "Wargear" book? That, with individualised entries.

Index Astartes
The Index Astartes articles from way back. Hopefully updated.

All fluff. I sincerely doubt it's a pay-to-win mechanism so that you can get rules for characters introduced in IA.

On the bright side, Cypher might actually get some 6th ed rules now though, he was a "Hero and Villain" article IIRC.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Huzzah ! this is the best thing I've seen yet.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
If that Index Astartes is updated I'll genuinely be over the moon and I'm so buying. But thank god.... Android at last! Me happy, so happy.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
From the Black Library Site, here is their FAQ about this stuff:

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I buy Games Workshop Digital Editions?
You can download your Digital Editions in ePub and mobi format from blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions.
A range of interactive iBooks are also available from the iBookstore on your iPad or iPad mini.

What devices can I use to read these products?
ePub files are compatible with most current generation Android and Apple devices, though you may need to install an eReader app if your device doesn’t come with one installed as standard. We recommend Mantano or UBreader for Android. We also recommend that on Android devices, you view the ePubs on portrait, rather than landscape mode.

For Kindle devices, download the Mobi file to a PC or laptop, and then transfer the file to your device.

(Please note, we test our products on a wide variety of devices and applications: some devices will work better than others for viewing Digital Editions)

Some books that are available through the Apple iBookstore are only available for iPad and iPad mini due to extra interactive features that are only compatible with iBooks.

Some products are exclusive to iPad, will these ever be available for other devices?
At the moment, many of our Digital Editions are exclusive to the iBookstore.
We are looking to expand this range to other formats in the very near future.

Is there a difference between the iBooks, Android and Mobi versions of the books?
For most of our products, there is no difference, however, for some of the larger publications such as codexes and army books, the iBooks editions have additional features such as quick-links and interactive miniatures galleries.

Will all the codexes and army books be available as Digital Editions?
Yes, eventually. However we have a large backlist so this will take time, please bear with us.

When can we expect the Warhammer or Warhammer 40,000 rulebook as a Digital Edition?
Soon! We’re working really hard to get these ready for both iBooks and other formats.

Will any products only be available digitally?
Yes, many of our products will be exclusive to, or appear first as, Digital Editions.

Will any new Games Workshop books not be available digitally?
We will try and make as many publications available digitally as possible.
We aim, at the very least, to turn every army book, codex and rulebook for Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer into Digital Editions.

If you have any more questions about Games Workshop Digital Editions, please get in touch:

[email protected]

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
A wise money move by GW as the demand is out there. Personally I won't be partaking in them but thats because I like a physical product.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts