Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With this years games day not too long to go I thought that instead of having many threads discuss individual features that one single thread can post all announcements. Like this one here. So any new things of note such as DE miniature range pictures-post them up here so the unlucky enough to get a ticket can discuss them here too!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Perhaps not QUITE Games Day, but there's pictures of the new Dark Eldar in the mail!

New GW newsletter :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
first official pictures

let the drooling commence...

not to sure about the raider [will need to see more...], but the range looks rather promising :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Wow serious Nerdgasm right here. They are lovely, lovely looking miniatures. Hopefully this will mean a whole heap of DE armies will pop up in my local area.
Now if you don't mind I need to go and change my pants after seeing these new miniatures.

·
Registered
548 Posts
the boys over at Warseer are uploading live pics like mad things...check it out here. That new FW landraider looks pimp, by the way!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
It does look pretty nice, is that a thunderfire cannon mounted in the hull or do my eyes deceive me? If so that's pretty cool, as the only thing that lets the thunderfie cannon down is the fact that it's so fragile being an AV10 artillery piece, but mounted on an AV14 tank, it becomes a whole lot more appealing.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
It does look pretty nice, is that a thunderfire cannon mounted in the hull or do my eyes deceive me? If so that's pretty cool, as the only thing that lets the thunderfie cannon down is the fact that it's so fragile being an AV10 artillery piece, but mounted on an AV14 tank, it becomes a whole lot more appealing.
Agreed, becomes fairly badass too. And will probably look hot when painted :D

·
4,491 Posts
My post in the DE thread...

Personally i think the new models look absolutely terrible.
I liked the older models better. The new Raiders in particular look terrible.

Sure, some of the models have more detail than the old ones, but they are nowhere near the standard of the newer models from other races.

People are still in shock and awe over the "new" factor, rather than the actual look of the models.
Seriously, take a minute or so to look at the models closely, and imagine an army of them.
The longer you look at them, the worse they start to look. :(

Oh well, hopefully this might mean that the older models will be cheaper for me to buy if i decide to collect DE.

Epic fail GW.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I wasnt too impressed by these new models but now I feel a bit better.

Raider is horrid and the incubi weapons are putting me off but the rest is nice. Bikes and that wych is just about perfect.

I'd be interested to see how the mandrakes and grotesques come out if they are still in.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts