Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
May as well be a different country.
Little history lesson for you all, back when they were planning the federation of Australia, Western Australia almost did end up a different country. It took quite a lot of convincing on the part of the other colonies for WA to join.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Nah, the real punch to the nuts would be moving it to New Zealand.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
It's also the most multi-cultural city in Australia.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Um, Melbourne has trams.
Shouldn't that be one of the major features of the "Why Melbourne is good." discussion?
Sydney also has trams (albeit far fewer than melbourne). It's just that no-one cares about them. For public transport we've got buses, trains, and god forbid, the footpath. Why are trams a factor, of all things?

It's also the most multi-cultural city in Australia.
Arguably so. How do you define multi-cultural?

Sydney has Manly and Bondi Beaches. It also has the harbour bridge and the opera house. In the movies, what do they always show as the token Australian thing having the crap bombed out of by aliens? Not the bloody MCG, that's for sure!

As I write this, I just realised that by creating this thread I've opened a whole can of worms that I didn't really want to. WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!?!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
By multi-cultural I mean a diverse range of ethnic groups, and the cultural offerings they provide.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
It will NEVER be alternated between Sydney and Melbourne while the head office is in the arse end of Sydney (Ingleburn).

Until they move HQ to Clayton, it will stay in Sydney and continue to be a loss leader.
(OTOH, there's money to be made by the free publicity should they want to take advantage of it - ATN 7 (FTA commercial TV channel for Sydney is also in that park).

·
Registered
164 Posts
The only complaint I have about Perth is the drivers. And even then I wasn't technically in perth, so I can't say if it's a justified complaint.
It's true - Perth drivers suck, most of them are too busy talking on their mobiles (especially truck drivers:ireful2:). I take the train just to avoid them.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts