Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Craw-Daddy
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone thought about any other factors in the galaxy that would change what is going on in the 40k Universe currently. Example, over flow of chaos, new races, surviving Old Ones, the Lion's Sword, the Emperor's actual children, primarchs coming back from the blue, etc. Just wanted to hear some thoughts what people thought could change the status quo that is now.

Some pretty extreme examples I've always thought about were Arguleon Veq, and the potential survival of the Old Ones. I bet there are some hiding around somewhere.

I always thought of the pretty extreme idea that somehow Arguleon Veq would possess one of the more important Word Bearers on the ship he basically jacked(in which he killed all of them). Arguleon Veq did do this with another Word Bearer, so it would be interesting if he could keep assasinating important Word Bearers and working himself up to taking over the legion. Somehow turning the against chaos as well. That... would be a game changer.

I also thought it would be interesting for any of the surviving Old Ones to further help the technological abilities of any of the races or even creating a new race/s to help combat the extreme powers of the tyranid, ork, ctan, and chaos.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
The surviving Old Ones is an interesting theory, one that many hold to.

Realistically, I doubt they could be of any real help. We already know that The necron`s tech was far superior, and the Old One`s only real advantage (the warp) is now too dangerous for them to harness in any safe way.

One theory I have been pondering is the possible survival of a fifth c`tan that could alter the balance of power at some point. There is absolutely nothing to back it up, I just like the theory. :grin:

·
Registered
157 Posts
how about a non imperial human faction that ISNT chaos aligned...perhaps expanding out the eastern fringe. Generally humans minus the crappy mechanicum.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
how about a non imperial human faction that ISNT chaos aligned...perhaps expanding out the eastern fringe. Generally humans minus the crappy mechanicum.
Like a reappearance by the Interex. We never do find out what happened to them so maybe they're still around. Plus, they were on pretty bad terms with the Imperium when Horus left, so I don't think the Imperium would be able to expect any help from their 'fellow' humans.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interex reamerging would be kinda fun.. i bet that during the 10.000 years since the Grand crusade they would have advanced a bit on the warfare front and would be more then a match for the imperium, and would be a good ally.. but ofc Imperium wont ally with anyone that doesnt share their narrow view of the galaxy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What if the guy sitting on the golden throne was a clone and the actual emperor is chilling on erwynns world with the dragon lords.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Interex reamerging would be kinda fun.. i bet that during the 10.000 years since the Grand crusade they would have advanced a bit on the warfare front and would be more then a match for the imperium, and would be a good ally.. but ofc Imperium wont ally with anyone that doesnt share their narrow view of the galaxy.
I think they were probably wiped out so I dout them coming back.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I dont read much regarding them, so if something along this line is already out there then feel free to throw flames my way... But since I recently 'adopted' one *Points at my sig* I've been thinking it might be interesting if more of the entire Tyranid 'purpose' is revealed. I.e. The parts of that whole mass of destruction that makes up the brain becomming more active than simple search out and devour worlds...? As destructive as they are already, I'd think something to give them all even MORE focus might be a real kick in the galactic pants.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Like the ultimate bioengineered weapon of the Old Ones created years ago by the survivors before being sent back to this galaxy to assimilate all life, destroy the necrons, then start over? :biggrin:

On the other human colonies, yes they are out there. There is a human world not of the Imperium featured in Hellforged, and the Soul Drinkers renegade chapter form a sort of alliance against an awakening necron tomb.
Granted that particular world no longer exists, but there are bound to be many others. I doubt however that any would be on the same scale as the Imperium.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
I doubt however that any would be on the same scale as the Imperium.
No, nothing on the scale of the Imperium. But there are massive swathes of the galaxy that are still unexplored and uncharted by the Imperium, thus its plausable that some remnants of the old human federations do occupy some of this territory, perhaps even as mighty empires. The galaxy is a big place after all.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
there's actually two i think, one where he gets to the throne of terra and gives the sword to the emperor and gets forgiveness for all the fallen dark angels, and the other where he kills him and destroys the galaxy.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Coffee is the game changer. What has happened is Russ stumbled into Slaanesh's realm on his search for the tree of life. Now he is drunk on endless amounts of beer. If somebody can just sneak him a coffee it would sober him up long enough for him to work out where he is.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Isnt one of the theories which abound that Nurgle has one of the Eldar gods captive? I'd bet freeing her would change things up a good deal.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Isnt one of the theories which abound that Nurgle has one of the Eldar gods captive? I'd bet freeing her would change things up a good deal.
No, you are some what right, though you are talking about 2 gods.

Isha the goddess that was captured from Slaanesh by Nurgle, lives caged in the Gardens of Nurgle, where Nurgle demonstrates his love to her by feeding her his foulest diseases. I don't think the eldar want her out as there is some theory that since she is the maiden of nursing and healing that she is actually somehow able to protect the eldar from nurgle's plagues.

Ynnead is the god you are referring to. When eldar die their souls are sucked into Infinity Circuits which the eldar believe will create a new god. His manifesting will end when every eldar is dead and he will destroy slaanesh and free the eldar... or so the theory goes

·
Registered
929 Posts
I think they were probably wiped out so I dout them coming back.
i somehow doubt this. the interex were quite a large empire and very advanced. it would have taken Horus quite a while and a lot of man power to dig them out and destroy them. At the time when negotiations fell apart and Horus split, the Heresy was already in motion. not long after the end of Horus Rising, Horus and crew were back at Davin and... well you know the rest. There wasn't time enough between the end of Horus Rising and False Gods for the Sons of Horus to destroy the Interex empire. And once the heresy got under way, the Imperium was far to busy destroying itself with civil unrest to care about some long forgotten human civilization on the outskirts of the known space. They could well just still be sitting there, or they could have migrated further away from the Imperium. I think the Interex is still out there. Maybe they joined up with the Tau?

·
Registered
68 Posts
what if the ctan were actually in league with the tau?:shok:

·
Registered
335 Posts
nah the c'tan will destroy all life in the galaxy soon enough :wink:
possiblie reasons for necrons will win:

1. the whole necron empire awakens
2. The Void Dragon escapes, Mechanicum rebel against the imperium and the imperium's technology and supplies suffer greatly
3. Outsider returns and does some crazt stuff :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
intelligent demons'

1 - 20 of 20 Posts