Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gaelcon is on in the D4 hotel on the 22nd to 25th October, with 40k starting at 11am on the Saturday. Its 1750 points. There'll be Youngbloods awards for any under-18's as well as painting prizes. There are already 56 names down with a contingent of Nordies and some English and Welsh lads apparently heading over aswell.

It'll cost you €33 to enter and sign up for the tournament. Its also going to be the first fully scoring tournament for Rankings HQ.

There's also a Fantasy tournament running concurrently at 2500 pts.

More info is available here.

There's still rooms available in the hotel and thankfully they will no longer cost an arm and a leg as the property is no longer worth €84m an acre.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Didn't even know this was up here. Only myself and Dave heading up this time. And yeah The hotel is surprisingly cheap. 2 nights for less than 90 is a wicked deal in all honesty...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Oops, didn't notice this before

I had a great time faced off against some armies I hadn't faced before and learnt some new things, such as "don't fuck up" and "never put them that close again" and "concentrate on mission objectives not just on killing every nid on the table" (although to be honest I did come awful fucking close to achieving that one) :laugh:

I came 26th (Chris Poulton) how did everyone else do?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I got fairly far down but that's coz I pretty much threw the last game(curse you last train being at 7!!) and guard destroyed me...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pug - I was asking after you actually. I was chatting to Joe (I think) with his Eldar for a short while. He was playing my buddy's Blue Blood Angels with the Speeders and Raider. And Blu-tack.

I ended up 8th. Delighted even though I lost my first match. My buddy was on the table next to me for the last game and he goes:

"What the fuck are you doing up here?"
"I don't know how I got here either."

I had Wolves (like so many others) but I had 3 squads of Long Fangs and the Hammer Lord with the Vampire Counts Dire Wolf conversion (unlike the others).

I might have asked you if you're name was Darren at one stage - I did if you had the grey Guard with the Russes and line of Chimeras.

Any of ye heading down to Cork in January apart from Rick? We're gunning for 80 people in the 40k.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
That's the one that UCC society is organising isn't it? I more than likely will be at that one alright. Either with a fairly similar list, mine worked very well just bad rolling and my own screw ups cost me.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah, that was me.

Hope to get down for it but it depends on what travel arrangements I can get sorted.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There might well be a few Wasters heading down for the Fantasy tournament and they'll probably be happy for any extra passengers.

We've room for 80 40k and 32 Fantasy players this year so afaik that would make it the biggest tournament held so far on the island, assuming we sell out. We usually do - we had 90 combined last year and I reckon we can improve on that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.