1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Love it. Definitely going to be my first Primarch purchase to use as Abaddon in 40k. If I'm brave, I'll clip the mace and replace it with a sword to represent Drachnyen, or just leave it because it's so badass. The 40k Abaddon head is probably too tiny to work, but perhaps the Forge World version will be better proportioned.

This is a proper warlord!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Love it. Definitely going to be my first Primarch purchase to use as Abaddon in 40k. If I'm brave, I'll clip the mace and replace it with a sword to represent Drachnyen, or just leave it because it's so badass. The 40k Abaddon head is probably too tiny to work, but perhaps the Forge World version will be better proportioned.

This is a proper warlord!
Using Horus as Abaddon?!

HERESY! :laugh:

I'd honestly leave him as is - Personally, I don't know if I could convert a £50 mini and do it justice.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Using Horus as Abaddon?!

I'd honestly leave him as is - Personally, I don't know if I could convert a £50 mini and do it justice.
Well, all I'd definitely be changing is the head. Pretty sure I could pull that part off. Now, the sword is another story. I have an extra sword from Be'lakor, but it's not quite as ornate as Drachnyen. I might be able to green stuff some acceptable details and pull it off. We'll see, just bought 2 Helbrutes and a new squad of CSM on ebay ($19 Shipped, woot!) so it will be a minute before I buy anything else.

*edit*

I suppose Drach'nyen could always choose to be a mace on the particular day I'm fielding Abaddon, if I can't pull it off.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Using Horus as Abaddon?!

Exactly my feeling when I read it! I think they did Horus much better than Lorgar, but I won't be getting him! A great model in short words. :)

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Looks very fitting for big bad boy. The mini looks great, my only issue with it is the cloak and cloth parts, it's going against momentum of the mini; he is leaning to the viewers right up hill and his cloak is going in the same way, the only way that works is if the wind is blowing (hard) in that direction, logic would dictate it flows to the lowest point which is his left. I farking love that base though!

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
...my only issue with it is the cloak and cloth parts, it's going against momentum of the mini; he is leaning to the viewers right up hill and his cloak is going in the same way, the only way that works is if the wind is blowing (hard) in that direction...
I think that's a fair critique, but if you look at all the fur in his mantle, it is all laying in the same direction the cloak is billowing, which I think says "wind" pretty strongly.

The other option would be if the model captures him just as he spins to face the viewers. In which case the cloak could whirl out in that direction, but the fur makes less sense in that case.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts