Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving the pose. suitably stoic and steadfast.

Rogal Dorn is the next magnificent entry in the Horus Heresy Character Series and the latest Primarch to join his brothers in miniature form. Dorn is depicted imperiously surveying the battle around him, a bulwark against the tide of terrors that face the Imperium in the 31st Millennium.

Rogal Dorn has long been an iconic character, and his miniature draws on art and influences from across Warhammer 40,000’s history. We caught up with the designers to see how they brought this iconic figure to life:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Loving the pose. suitably stoic and steadfast.
Exactly how I felt. All the other Primarchs have a dynamic, in-motion type of pose that really suits them. But for Dorn that would feel wrong, where the other Primarchs are like the lightning strike, Dorn is the mountain. Unyielding, unshakeable and enduring. A still, defensive pose suits him the best. And after his showing in Praetorian of Dorn, i'd be lying if I said Imperial Fists didn't appeal to me for the first time! (Over Black Templars that is.)

LotN

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
This is the best one so far. What an absolutely stunning model, I want to pick him up just for the joy of painting him!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts