Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
They do look quite impressive, don't they? Very tempted to start that Luna Wolves army I've been dreaming about since I read Horus Rising.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
SWEET JESUS!! Thank god someone in GW took notice of the fans !!
I agree they should have come with weapons but they will sell better this way,£20 isnt a leap and a jump for too many people from standard price marines and people have bolters and such in there bits boxes so its win win.
Will definitely be adding these in september to bits and kits.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
£20 isnt a leap and a jump for too many people from standard price marines
really?, 10 marines with guns, launchers etc is £22.50, 10 of these with period guns and launchers and the 12% P&P is close to £70, where the heck are people buying there tactical squads for almost £70???

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
the Mk III Armour is lovely, but I'm not liking the weapons (never did). The armour though will be used to make my Deathwatch Sternguard stand out that bit more...just need to expand on my Background a bit to include them in my narratives.

Kits like these are more to do with the 'collector' side of the hobby, so cost isn't the overriding issue..same reason why I buy the Modified Ryza Pattern Turrets for all my Russes.

Love your new Avatar Stella..very fitting!

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
They are a company.... wtf is the problem here? I don't get it. Your paying a large sum because they are the only people who sell this kind of product. Fairly simple.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are a company.... wtf is the problem here?
oh I dunno, maybe the £70 price tag for 10 toys, FW or not thats asking a heack of allot, even from just a collector, you gotta have a pretty sheltered life to turn round and think"hmm, £70 for some bits of resin, sounds like a bargain to me".

in the words of the mythbusters
"well there's your problem"

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Its simple.... people will pay those prices to get those models. I don't find anything wrong with charging those prices if people are willing to pay them. They are a company, they are out there to make as much money as possible and that’s it.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its simple.... people will pay those prices to get those models. I don't find anything wrong with charging those prices if people are willing to pay them. They are a company, they are out there to make as much money as possible and that’s it.
I want them BADLY, and I'm not willing to pay that amount...........shit that means there grand plan has actually failed...or unlike the muppets who will pay £70 I have a brain.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Then wait. If it is anything like a US company then they will charge more now to capitalize on the hype and once sales begin to slack they will reduce the price to drive up sales again.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
errr.....FW is part of GW....which means GW pricing strategy, low sales means increase price, and high sales means...increase price to lower sales....to then increase the price further.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Seems like a shitty buisness strat. Well they could just have it set hi for idiots... Iow they charge far more then they need just incase sales are low then they can lower the prices to seem like they are giving you a discount.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
oh I dunno, maybe the £70 price tag for 10 toys, FW or not thats asking a heack of allot, even from just a collector, you gotta have a pretty sheltered life to turn round and think"hmm, £70 for some bits of resin, sounds like a bargain to me".

in the words of the mythbusters
"well there's your problem"
Or £60 from Games Day. Might change my mind about what to get ;)

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Can you make them?
no, and I really don't see how that makes a difference at all in this or any topic and has always been a very weak point to make, I can't make allot of things and neither can you or anyone else, doesn't mean we don't buy them or complain at the price.

hell I can't build a Buggati with 1200HP and costing 1.6miilion pounds, doesn't mean I don't think the price is utterly ridiculous.
Seems like a shitty buisness strat
welcome to Games workshop

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
really?, 10 marines with guns, launchers etc is £22.50, 10 of these with period guns and launchers and the 12% P&P is close to £70, where the heck are people buying there tactical squads for almost £70???
Stop being such a drama queen, you know as well as i do that GW do plenty of five model marine packs for around £20 which is what i was referring to,no one mentioned that you had to build a tactical squad with full retro weapon load out , as usual you jump in with worst case just to argue the point.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
238 Posts
no, and I really don't see how that makes a difference at all in this or any topic and has always been a very weak point to make, I can't make allot of things and neither can you or anyone else, doesn't mean we don't buy them or complain at the price.

hell I can't build a Buggati with 1200HP and costing 1.6miilion pounds, doesn't mean I don't think the price is utterly ridiculous.

welcome to Games workshop
Exactly, most of us can't make them, so they can charge whatever they want, and if you want it, you can buy it, no is forcing you to buy it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Stop being such a drama queen, you know as well as i do that GW do plenty of five model marine packs for around £20 which is what i was referring to,no one mentioned that you had to build a tactical squad with full retro weapon load out , as usual you jump in with worst case just to argue the point.
I agree with you

1 - 20 of 37 Posts