Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgeworld has updated the new state-of-the-art transfers with 3 more legions, a house and one for the little guys.

Salamanders:

Deathguard:

Iron Hands:

House Makabius:

Solar Auxilia:

And as a little bonus; Night Lords brass etchings:

What say you; Yay or nay?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
The bigger ones I use on my tanks but the smaller Aquilas/legion symbol/III symbol I will just put one on each random dude. It's cheaper than buying the shoulder pads as you get more in the Emperor's Children etched brass and it allows for greater variation. So it's not the same symbol on the same place on every guy, which can get repetitive.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Does anyone have a preference as to when they would use brass instead of the regular transfer sheets? Have never purchased either, but it would definitely save some money instead of buying hordes of shoulder pads in the future for some NL's.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone have a preference as to when they would use brass instead of the regular transfer sheets?
I think it's down to what you prefer; To paint the symbol yourself and have it stick out from the model or if you want to apply the image directly to the image.

A example from me: I would use brass etchings / Custom shoulder pads for my marines, as I think the transfer just looks flat. I prefer to have the shoulder be a "3D image" of the symbol of the legion, as it gives it more flair.

However, I have used transfers for my tanks and the big icons on the back as they are more detailed when they are that large - I also use the custom doors as I like them more.

Essentially, it comes down to taste and what you prefer. Some prefer decals all the way and some the other way around. I prefer to use brass etchings / custom doors and shoulders whenever possible and use the decals for that extra little detail, without doing it too much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts