Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are the rules for the new Knight variant that FW unveiled over the weekend:

From BoLS forum: http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?43267-Forgeworld-OpenDay-2014/page8

I'm definitely not under the impression that the sky is falling, but I'm already getting tired of these new superheavies.

I'm sure it's because I'm "not doing it right" but as someone who usually runs a close-combat themed army, these knights are getting pretty annoying. Good thing they can't protect their rears (too easy, leaving it alone) so a squad of Meltacide Terminators/Helbrute Murderpack should lay these things low pretty easily. JUST DON'T MISS, BOYS! Guaranteed miss...

I must say that the truth to the FW Knight rumor still makes me hopeful for Chaos Knights somewhere down the road, even if they're not right around the corner.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Since they threw Mechanicum in front of the name, does that mean its going to be in the next Heresy book?

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If the Mechanicum army is named "Taghmata Omnissiah," there is a Super Heavy section. Unsure if it contains the knight, though. There was another giant automata type thing at the FW event, so who knows?

*edit* A few pages deeper into the thread someone says the Lords of War section does include the Knight Lancer.

And though it could be cut off in the photo, I don't see a 40k approved stamp. Probably safe-ish to assume it will be usable.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
These are only apocalypse right?
Most likely no, especially considering that the knight paladin and knight errant are not. Not that you'd be fitting more than one or two of these in a list anyway, at least not any non knight list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts