Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not seen any official announcements or even pics of him, unless I missed a thread. But in the latest FW email it has this banner for FW open day, with one awesome looking Perturabo!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
My first impression is wow, he truly looks awesome and it makes a good tie-in to the front-cover of Angel Exterminatus. Can't wait to see his whole body and if it's Ferrus Manus hammer he will be using.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Need to see the whole model because as it is, I'll not impressed, like the individual stuff but when together it looks like a mess with the too much going on.

Curious as to the Walking Lord of Skulls.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Initial impressions of Perturabo is meh, but I'll reserve a final judgement until the whole mini can be seen. It really disappoints me that the wonderful sculpts are being let down by rubbish posing in the HH characters series as a whole.

I really wanted to see what they did with Russ, but now I'm just afraid they'll make a shit of the pose. Hopefully they'll do something like the Ferrus/Fulgrim diorama with Russ and Magnus, making the two more dynamic than we've seen lately. I am doubtful though.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
My first impression is wow, he truly looks awesome and it makes a good tie-in to the front-cover of Angel Exterminatus. Can't wait to see his whole body and if it's Ferrus Manus hammer he will be using.
Definitely a good tie in. However I can't help but feel that the wires around his face takes away from it. Not a fan of how many wires there are running from his skull. They could've done well with less wires, or they could have improved the placement of them. Just my personal preference though.

He still looks great from the picture.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
They could at least posed him differently than mamon...(siege of vraks)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Is this definitely Perturabo? I didn't know he had wrist mounted bolters. Looking pretty awesome!

Definitely a good tie in. However I can't help but feel that the wires around his face takes away from it. Not a fan of how many wires there are running from his skull. They could've done well with less wires, or they could have improved the placement of them. Just my personal preference though.
I wouldn't agree on that, but opinions are can't always be shared. :)

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
"White Scars, Blood Angels and Dark Angels are all in the next book. They will have legion rules but no characters or legion specific units.

Book 6 will cover shattered legions and will focus on players creating own narratives for small scale engagements.

Future book will be Thramas and Signis Prime (mirroring the old Blood Angels/Dark Angels codex)

Prospero may not even be book 7. They need to ensure that they can produce the entire range quickly and efficiently and not keep people waiting. To create all the models needed for Prospero would take about a year."

From Battle Bunnies.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
CHAOS KNIGHT RULES! They're surprisingly solid! The Daemon upgrades are a little steep points-wise, but still, we get knights!

*edit*

Wait wait, for a second I didn't even think about the Daemon special rule! 5++ at all times, and a 4++ on a facing of your choosing during the shooting phase. Yeah that'll do! FUUUCK YOOOU Imperial Knights! Here's hoping they don't get nerfed when their official rules arrive.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts

1 - 20 of 65 Posts