1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow, might start a small Alpha Legion force just for that Contemptor...

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I like the sarcophagus of the Alpha Legion Dread - could see some pretty good paint scheme opportunites on that.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I wasn't sold at first, but it's better than that god awful purple and green that the Old Index Astartes had. The pearlescent blue would probably look okay if it was a bit darker, but we all know that GW/FW can't take pictures. Look at Vulkan!
I actually kind of liked the slightly bluish purple with the bright green symbols.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Love the alpha dread, personally have always liked the old dark blue AL in the 3.5 chaos dex

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually kind of liked the slightly bluish purple with the bright green symbols.

Lord no, that's horrible. I had a thought about collecting AL as a result of that article (one of the first WD's I ever bought I think) and seeing their post heresy colour scheme, until it became too hard. But then I saw the 30K one, and while I didn't like it especially, I tried to paint it with old Liche Purple and Snot Green, and my god it looked horrible, like some crap shirt out of some 90's TV show or what you'd wear to a rave at the Hacienda. Not to mention it's a fairly similar colour to the Emperor's Children, and now the pearlescent/metallic mid-blue scheme is easily recognisable as not-Ultramarines and not-Night Lords despite the superficial similarities.

The same with the Sons of Horus colour change. It no longer looks like the disgusting vomit green you'd see on hospital walls, but a suitable dark brutal sea green.

I really, really want to just paint up a Pre-change Word Bearers dread as if it was carved stone with the scribblings looking like their carved into the marble but they're bleeding. It's just a shame that I don't have a use for a Dread at the moment.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts