Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am quite new to space marines but i know most of their tricks and crap like that but ive been playing orks lately(LETS BASH SOME HUMIES!!) but ive decided to lay off the Waagh for a bit and play space marines i only have a few units but i dont know what to buy next............... maybe you guys could give me some tips on what to buy next and how to use it :victory: but keep in mind i only have a small budget atm

Here is my growing ultramarines army.......

1x Captain with power sword and bolter

2x Dreds 1 with multi-melta and one with missle launchers

1x termie squad 1 with ass cannon (hehehe ass)

1x sniper scout squad

1x full space marine tac squad(10 guys) with flamer and missle launcher

and thats about it thanks for any tips they will be greatly appreciated.........:so_happy:
i was also thinking of getting marneus calgar (he is awesome!) or a land raider........

·
Registered
304 Posts
My reccommendation is to get another tactical squad and a pair of rhinos. That combo forms the core of most marine armies.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
What Blammer said,

Also, think about what kind of list you want to play... Codex marines have a lot of different play styles...

But DON"T BUY RHINO KITS - Buy Razorbacks, they're just a little bit more expensive but at some point you will want to use them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea well im thinking of buying marneus calgar and honour guard first...... just to get my HQ outta the way but you probally would think otherwise but i think i might get calgar.Cheers for advice.....next thing to buy more tac squads!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
nooo calgar, he's overrated.

full tac and two-three razorbacks first. you can not glue some parts of the razorback and run them as rhinos or razorbacks.

...then heavy support, which i support the use of predators with las sponsons.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would strongly agree with the above advice. Your captain will suffice for now and you can proxy him for pretty much whatever HQ you want to try. Tac squads are a must. Rhinos are essential, but it is better to buy the Razorback kits, because like what CLT40k said, "you will want to use them."

·
Registered
297 Posts
My reccommendation is to get another tactical squad and a pair of rhinos. That combo forms the core of most marine armies.
For the Emperor's sake don't buy Rhino kits. Buy Razorbacks or Predators. Either will let you field Rhinos so long as you don't glue the turrets and hatch-plates in. AND Razorbacks from GW or better still Total Wargamer cost the same price as Rhinos. http://www.totalwargamer.co.uk/warhammer-40k/space-marines/space-marines-dedicated-transports.html Given your current models I suggest getting Razorbacks at this point. Once you have a couple of them, consider getting Predators.

WRT HQ I strongly recommend avoiding Marneus altogether. Go instead for one librarian in power armour, and either Shrike, Vulcan, or the Khan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts