Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
So looking I have a few points left for 2000points and I wondered if I should upgrade to a librarian or furioso.
Depends what you want, I personally can't resist futiosis with blenders but IRS up to you really

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I like Librarians. Wings of Sanguinus lets it be a Jump Dread, and while not really overly necessary, you can have a Strength 7 Force Axe (if you need ID instead of the Powerfist).

I personally like using them with Wings and Blood Lance.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
I reckon the Furioso Scissorhands is the best option, but the Librarian Dread's good if you need to get to combat quickly. I don't really advocate the Force Weapon as with Shred and a million attacks, you can usually kill just about anything you need to with Talons anyway. However, Wings of Sanguinius is pretty mega, as is Shield of Sanguinius if that's your thing. But if you wanted a Jump-Pack-Psyker-Combat-Monster, why aren't you taking Mephiston?

Midnight

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I'd take the Librarian Dread only if you don't already have a Librarian for an HQ. Otherwise stick with the Furiosa and Blood Talons. You can even put it in a Drop Pod and land on a flank. Trust in the AV 13 for a turn and then go puree something.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I can't tell you how devastating a Furioso Dread is, I've seen them tear through everything in the 40k universe, nothing survives without luck!
last time i went against the "cheating dreadnoughts" i tied up two of them with a squad of 10 demonettes each...i couldnt hurt the SOBs but...ya.:victory::eek:k:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
last time i went against the "cheating dreadnoughts" i tied up two of them with a squad of 10 demonettes each...i couldnt hurt the SOBs but...ya.:victory::eek:k:
Yeah ... 'Cause invulnerable saves on Troops isn't cheating ...

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Yeah ... 'Cause invulnerable saves on Troops isn't cheating ...
not my fault that demons are badass:laugh:

----

on topic: if i said it before, then sweets, take the Furioso...they murder everything, assuming your dice don't like the 1's & 2's...or if your dice just suck.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Furioso with them blenderfists literally makes my opponent groan EVERY time he hits the table. Absolutely love that model, though the Libby one would be a good time. For the points though I take the Furioso and prosper every time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts