Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HQ - Abaddon - 275

Elites -

S1: Terminators x10 - ChainFist, Powerfist, 2xReaperCannons, 2xCombi-Melta, MoS - 400

S2: Terminators x9 - Chainfist, 2xCombi-melta, 2xReaperCannons, MoT - 380
(can i do 2 Reaper cannons if Abaddon is with the squad?)

Troops

S3: CSM x 10 - Champ(PF), Plasma, Slannesh - 225

S4: CSM x 8 - Melta - 130

Fast
S5: Raptors x10 - Champ(PW+Plasma), Melta, Flamer, MoK - 290

Heavy
S6: Obliterators x2 - 150

S7: Predator - Las, HeavyB, Bolter - 140
OR
S7: Havocs x6: 4xHB - 150

1990 points with the Pred and 2000 with the Havoc Squad. If I am not able to use the 2nd Reaper in the 2nd Squad, that will free up another 25 points. Just would like to hear some opinions on some of the final changes that can be made. I've played this list a few times, and I like the feel of it. I think I'm around a 50/50 W/L with it so far and with the loses they have been mostly close games.

With the termi squads I try to Deploy 1 and Deepstrike the other squad. With Icons I have I am not in to much trouble having them land where I want. Unless I want to try for a gamble and get something away from the bulk of my troops, like a basilisk.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I noticed your second squad of marines is PAINFULLY low on leadership. I'd highly suggest giving them the icon of chaos glory or an aspiring champ to boost ld

And it seems like you've multitasked your first squad of terminators to do everything with two reaper auto cannons, and the mark of slaanesh, either way you use them, the squad is wasting those points (Either losing the benefit of slaanesh by firing the autocannons, or going melee and gaining the effects of slaanesh at the cost of the reaper autocannons) I mean it might work, don't get me wrong, I just always try to gear mine for one single task, either ranged support, or close combat monsters.
Also, for the cost of the twin reapers in the first squad, you can boost the second squad to a solid ten, and have abaddon walk with them.

And why so many heavy bolters on the havocs? Is price the problem? I've never found the things to be hideously useful except to hunt skimmers. Than again I suck at using havocs, lol.

I'd prefer the havocs over the pred, just having the one tank on the field is lascannon bait.

hahah if you weren't looking for imput, disregaurd everything I've said so far.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the Havoc squad is more of an anti-infantry/anti-horde squad.

The Reaper Cannons are definitely more of a support thing, where as they are walking in they can take out anything from normal infantry to 12 armor. With the MoS because they tend to get into CC. the mark gives them the advantage to the avg marine. I5 means I shouldn't be losing to many terminators to normal Squads.

One the Pred, Sure it might be 1 tank, but wouldnt you consider 2 squads of Terminators to be just as or even more a threat then the tank? With the tank it has the mobile gun support, and can be used as added LoS blocker if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts