Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so first off let me start ive never played wood elfs but love the idea of forest spirits and want a list based around it, this will be my forest spirit section of my army that can be used,

im looking for all comments good and bad so I can build on and adjust this list to make it as competitive as I can.

lords.
Treeman ancient lvl 3, strangleroots

hero
drycha

branchwraith

core
23 dryads

23 dryads

special
3 tree kin

7 wildriders-shields

rare

treeman-strangle roots

treeman-strangle roots

comes in at 1999pts

so not much in way of saves but a bit of magic and 3 monsters.

not played this list yet and only got the new box set of 3 treeman and 36 dryads , so I can change and switch this list around.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Certainly nicely themed. Ward saves for forest spirt so you will have a 6+ across the board for the whole army... not that its great but its better than nothing the only thing to watch for is lore of metal and fire along with magical flaming attacks if your opponent knows what you are feilding the they may tailor a army specifically to cause double wounds. Im assuming that you would probably be running the ancient with lore of life so that could help combat some of the wound issues if you are making yourself just too tough to wound.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Certainly nicely themed. Ward saves for forest spirt so you will have a 6+ across the board for the whole army... not that its great but its better than nothing the only thing to watch for is lore of metal and fire along with magical flaming attacks if your opponent knows what you are feilding the they may tailor a army specifically to cause double wounds. Im assuming that you would probably be running the ancient with lore of life so that could help combat some of the wound issues if you are making yourself just too tough to wound.
yeah ive not really thought about what lore for the ancient but u make a good point, on the other character I have shadow for some offensive magic so life could work on him.

luckly I have a few warhammer armys and this army is more a secret army that I wont tell anyone about until I bring them into a torrny that my clubs running

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I'd suggest changing the Wild Riders to Sisters, getting a better medium cav unit, and some more spell punch.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Rapturemonsta has posted up a very similar list. So comments from me are going to be the sameish.

With 3 treemen warmachine heavy armys are going to make short sad games. While life counters cannon wounds to a degree its only 2 shots on average to kill a treeman....and life cant heal a dead treeman. Look to get something in the list that can deal with war machines. Maybe swapping the wild riders to sisters as noted above then you have some fast cav with poison shooting to put wounds on war machines.

Second point is lack of standards. Again as i commented to Rapturemonsta, an all forest theme pays its price in auto loosing blood and glory. If you happy with that (its only a 1 in 6 chance of that mission) then its not a problem, otherwise try and find some elf units for banners (sisters can help here too).

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I think the above comments are valid, and there's one thing you can consider. Dryads are listed in the Fluff as "can appear as beutiful maidens". So buying a Forest Captain with BSB isn't out of the fluff, as you just find a pretty elf girl and give her a banner. Then you don't auto-lose Blood and Glory.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the above comments are valid, and there's one thing you can consider. Dryads are listed in the Fluff as "can appear as beutiful maidens". So buying a Forest Captain with BSB isn't out of the fluff, as you just find a pretty elf girl and give her a banner. Then you don't auto-lose Blood and Glory.
cool like the idea I might add this mintiure( pictured below) and convert the left hand to be holding a very natural looking standard

·
So be it.
1,901 Posts
As stated, warmachines will make you cry. Ordinarily I'd say grab some glade guard with poison for that, but... themes...

I think treemen can only take life, as can the branchwraith - and drycha has shadow - so I don't think you have a choice on lores.

One thing you could do is have 2 ten man units of dryads and then throw the rest all together; this way you have some cheap throwaway units to protect your important people if you need it.

For warmachines, throw the wildriders (and magic) at them - they're the only things that can really ruin this list for you.

Other than that, well, good luck mate! This could either be really fun or really saddening

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As stated, warmachines will make you cry. Ordinarily I'd say grab some glade guard with poison for that, but... themes...

I think treemen can only take life, as can the branchwraith - and drycha has shadow - so I don't think you have a choice on lores.

One thing you could do is have 2 ten man units of dryads and then throw the rest all together; this way you have some cheap throwaway units to protect your important people if you need it.

For warmachines, throw the wildriders (and magic) at them - they're the only things that can really ruin this list for you.

Other than that, well, good luck mate! This could either be really fun or really saddening
thanks for the comments im thinking of aDDING A COUPLE OF 10 MAN GLADE GUARD UNITS for some range and a few 5 man glade rider units for ambush to help support my forest spirits but I do want to then add the treem man special char too lead my force

1 - 10 of 10 Posts