Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Ahaha how could i miss the seagiant? Awesome idea! Just be shure he doesn't go too far from shore uh? :laugh:

Also, some more lovely boats: love that.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
painted like those before?

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Looking mean nasty, perfect for the Dark Elves! Have you and your friend considered getting a water effect gaming mat?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Looking mean nasty, perfect for the Dark Elves! Have you and your friend considered getting a water effect gaming mat?
As a matter of fact, I purchased one just this week from @Deep-Cut Studio. I'm still awaiting its arrival, together with a cobblestone mat for Mordheim!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Gotta see some pics on the mat when you get it! Beautiful work here mate.
Seconded.
I have recieved the mat, but have yet to do a good fotoshoot of all individual ships on it.

In the mean time, where are these guys going..?

Towards a place worth looting of course!

Which won't be easy...

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Very cool set up.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
@Oldman78, Thank you very much sir!
And thank you as well @Shady ed! I must apologize, this project has slowed down considerably. The last few months have been very busy, due to which I have not had much time for the hobby at all. I've barely been able to stay in the monthly army painting competition with my Tomb Kings, which has been my primary concern. As I only really paint in daylight, these darkest months do me no good either. When not painting, I've primarily been working on some mordheim stuff, such as my new crane. I've started painting the giant, but I'm not happy with the skin tone yet, and still have to look into the stuff @Iraqiel suggested to make the base from. I really appreciate your enthusiasm and should you want to build your own ship, let me know if I can be of any help!
If it is any consolation, here's a paper mock-up I made as preparation for (the bow of) an Orc barge I plan to build when time's more on my side:

It will also have a large aft'sle and single mast.

·
Registered
305 Posts
That barge is looking good, I would try to make the teeth more tusky to use as a ram though.

Edit : Although on second thought that probably wouldn't look any good.

I'm considering making some Brettonian ships.
Been looking around for inspiration even since I first saw this thread but no progress yet.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.